Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Multi-Rooming with Absolute

Because of the 4 table limit at party / empire, I'm forced to play multiple sites to play the number of tables I want. Between sites like party / empire / multi / pstars / paradise, I have absolutely no trouble going from table to table, site to site. But Absolute is a whole 'nother story. When I play Absolute along with another poker client, my computer starts to drag, said drag getting worse and worse over the course of the night, especially when I try going from an Absolute table to a table on another site, or vice versa. If I remember correctly, I used to have the same problem with UB, and I had problems with Absolute on my other, older computer too. Anyone know why I'd have so much trouble with Absolute, and not Pstars, for instance? Any suggestions to rectify the problem? OS is Windows XP. Thx.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Multi-Rooming with Absolute

No idea but I have the exact same issues with Absolute.
This is the reason I just don't play there anymore.

If they fixed their damn software I'd play there semi-frequently.
My computer is fairly new.....a Dell Inspiron 5100 purchased in January.

I have read that AP causes problems with 'older' models....but I am not sure this is exactly true.

I have since uninstalled and reinstalled AP so I might give it a try again...but I suspect I will have the same issues I had before.

Very interesting how it starts out kind of tolerable and then everything gets slower and slower the lnoger you have that AP table open. That's exactly how it is for me as well.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:29 PM

You know you're having serious problems when you start folding hands 'cause you just dont wanna deal with it.

Computer is new, two months old, an HP Pavillion laptop. Absolute is recently installed on this computer, so I dont expect uninstalling will help any.

I still play Absolute, but now play it on my second computer, w/o any other poker clients running. Problem is remembering to pay attention to the one table on my left, when I got multiple tables on my right to attend to, especially since I never seem to hear the alert on Absolute for when its my turn to act. Does Absolute even have an alert?
Old 10-08-2004, 02:58 PM

My toilet is overflowing!. Cry, complain, whine. Why doesn't God love me anymore?.

Seriously: These complaints are WORSE than a bad beat story!.

Deal with it. IT has always been like that at Absolute and it's even worse at Pacific. Whining ain't gonna change anything.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:36 PM

I'm going to assume ur joking, since an intelligence so dull as to interpret that question as a whine cannot possibly sustain life.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:51 PM

I recall reading somewhere that Absolute's software is incredibly resource intensive. Even with my new system I found it a bit draggy when combined with another site. Other than maybe getting a LOT more SDDRAM, I don't have a clue as to the answer to this issue;-)
Old 10-09-2004, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to assume ur joking, since an intelligence so dull as to interpret that question as a whine cannot possibly sustain life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope he's not joking.

It has nothing to do with your system, Absolute's software sucks hairy monkey balls (not just monkey, not just hairy, hairy monkey balls).

I have a 2.4Ghz Barton w/ 1GB DDR400, but yet Absolute lags my computer to hell. I can't even click the call button fast enough before it times out when I have 3 tables going.

Plus I hate the fact that the NL tables have 200 BB buy in, everyone is just fvcking nut peddling since blinds are so small relative to stacks. Very few people will ever call my 4BB - 6BB raises.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:35 AM

I found that reducing colour to 16 bit from 32 bit, and running poker tracker on a different PC solved most of my problem.