Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 04:30 PM

Default Canterbury

Hey everyone around Canterbury, I was wondering how packed it has been there lately because of the fall classic, what time do the extreme waits begin in the evening???? Thank you in advance
Old 09-21-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Canterbury

I waited 3 1/2 hours to play 3/6 last Friday night. Got there at 8:45 P.M., was playing around 12:30. The 100+20 NL tournament today had over 600 entrants.

-Brian
Old 09-21-2004, 05:00 PM

I kinda figured for the 100 and 200 events there would be over 500, its kinda sick there these days, very good action, and tons of sunglasses, haha. Its like a circus, anyway, sounds like youre having a good trip thus far
Old 09-21-2004, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I kinda figured for the 100 and 200 events there would be over 500, its kinda sick there these days, very good action, and tons of sunglasses, haha. Its like a circus, anyway, sounds like youre having a good trip thus far

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I wore sunglasses for the first time in my life at Canterbury for the 300+30. I definitely plan on wearing them there more often when I go. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2004, 08:56 PM

630 for the tourney today...ay carumba.

RB
Old 09-22-2004, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I wore sunglasses for the first time in my life at Canterbury for the 300+30. I definitely plan on wearing them there more often when I go. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

People can think what they want, but I truly think it gives me an advantage. I don't use them as much for not giving off tells as I do watching people that don't know i'm watching them.

I also feel more confident when I'm behind them, and confidence helps poker play.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:29 PM

You're not surprised at the turn-out, are you??
Old 09-22-2004, 06:21 PM

Schneider wore sunglasses? I don't know what this world is coming to...

I oughta do this when I sit at the 6/12...maybe my winrate will finally go back up... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2004, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do watching people that don't know i'm watching them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is great. Cause often a reverse tell can be if you know your opponent is looking at you while the flop comes out, he is likely to have a hand in danger (maybe if you just call his raise preflop, reraise him, etc).

For larger $ games, tournies, etc. I think it's worth it regardless on how you feel.

Taking off your glasses can even be a reverse tell to try to get someone to call you when you have them killed and want to make it look like you are trying hard to get a read on them.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:14 AM

Anyone here playing in the main event this Thurs? I've considered driving up from Lincoln to play. Any ideas on how many entrants?

Nick