Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2004, 10:39 PM

Default 2 Lessons relearned- 99% sure you\'re gonna chop? Keep raising.

I was certain that I was going to chop this pot with MP2. The only reason I kept raising was the 3rd party caller that HAD to be donating. If this was heads up I may have stopped raising in order to save a little rake

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Yes, I know I should've raised. I'm always a little undecisive with strong hands from the blinds.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (9.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has As Js (full house, aces full of sevens).
MP2 has Jc 7h (full house, sevens full of aces).
CO has Td 4d (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 21.25 BB. </font>

Oh, and the other lesson relearned....Party bad beat tables are a goldmine.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:47 PM

Default Thants fine and dandy, but it sucks when this happens

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls, BB folds.

River: (13 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 25 BB, between Hero, MP and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP (25 BB).</font>

Results below: <font color="red">
SB has Ad Kh (full house, aces full of nines).
Hero has Jc Ac (full house, aces full of nines).
MP has 9s 9h (four of a kind, nines).
Outcome: MP wins 25 BB. </font>
Old 09-28-2004, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Thants fine and dandy, but it sucks when this happens

Wow. ouch Nottom. You're right, quad 7's we're possible on my hand. Maybe I should have check-called the river [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2004, 02:25 PM

No, you still will make money in the long run by raising, but make sure to pay some attention to who is in the pot with you and what hands can beat you. In this case, you were also behind to AT, which is a much more likely possibility than quads.

In my hand, I think if I was really paying attention I could have put my opponent on quads, although it wouldn't have mattered since it was getting capped with or without me and I'm not confident enough in my read to fold. Yet I shouldn't have been surprised to see the quads (and in fact IIRC I really don't think I was)
Old 09-29-2004, 08:26 PM

It is sweet to be the guy with quads heads-up and live. Especially when you hear your opponent say, on the 8th bet, "I guess we're just chopping."
Old 09-29-2004, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party bad beat tables are a goldmine.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much of a goldmine? Lets say a .5/1 player with a track record (with 4K hands) of about 2bb/100 was thinking about trying it out. His BR is about $500.

Take the shot or just wait out 10K hands at .5/1 and another 10K at 1/2?
Old 09-29-2004, 11:28 PM

Your sample size is too small to be making any real assesments of your win rate at this point. $500 isn't really enough of a bankroll for the smallest Party bad beat table limit, which is $2/4, but I guess if you want to take a shot feel free.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your sample size is too small to be making any real assesments of your win rate at this point. $500 isn't really enough of a bankroll for the smallest Party bad beat table limit, which is $2/4, but I guess if you want to take a shot feel free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, well I wasn't sold on the idea anyway. Thanks for the reality check at table one.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party bad beat tables are a goldmine.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much of a goldmine? Lets say a .5/1 player with a track record (with 4K hands) of about 2bb/100 was thinking about trying it out. His BR is about $500.

Take the shot or just wait out 10K hands at .5/1 and another 10K at 1/2?

[/ QUOTE ]

The badbeat jackpot tables are best when the jackpot is well over 100k. Such as last night when the jackpot was over 200k, it was very good.