Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 05:53 PM

Default Bad session, nice finish

Had a bad session and was down around 30BB total but then this hand came along.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 9c 7c (straight flush, nine high).
UTG has Tc Td (one pair, tens).
MP2 has Ks 6d (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 16 BB. </font>

This is my second straigt flush ever, the last one was eight high so it is going in the right direction. Oh, it doesn't work that way?
Old 09-30-2004, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Bad session, nice finish

Would anyone else bet out on the turn after raising the flop, or is this a case of raising the flop to try and get a free card on the turn?

With four to the flush, TP, and no signs of aggression from anyone else, I think I would bet out on the turn and call a raise.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is my second straigt flush ever, the last one was eight high so it is going in the right direction. Oh, it doesn't work that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Got my first straight flush today, and it was a royal. Does this mean there's nowhere to go but down from here?
Old 10-01-2004, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone else bet out on the turn after raising the flop, or is this a case of raising the flop to try and get a free card on the turn?

With four to the flush, TP, and no signs of aggression from anyone else, I think I would bet out on the turn and call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is hard to raise for a free card from the SB. I did it for value.

What about check-raising the turn as well instead of leading it? I put in 25% of the money if they call the raise and I have 12 outs. Nine clubs, one 9 (discounted) and 2 sixes (6 of spades not counted) =&gt; a 26% chance for my draw to come in. And that is if I'm behind. I think I should have raised.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:13 AM

Why didn't you bet the turn? It seems like you're live and want to stuff it like crazy there.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you bet the turn? It seems like you're live and want to stuff it like crazy there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I commented on it in the other reply. I should have betted or check-raised the turn.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:18 AM

With 5 players in you have to bet the turn here. With 3 players in you have to bet this turn. Heads up you have to bet this turn. BET THE TURN!!!
Old 10-01-2004, 04:51 AM

I probably just bet the flop, but I'm boring that way. As you played it, I agree that a turn c/r would have been a good idea. A really really good idea.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably just bet the flop, but I'm boring that way. As you played it, I agree that a turn c/r would have been a good idea. A really really good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some day I'll be able to make the correct play at the table and not twelve hours later... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2004, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some day I'll be able to make the correct play at the table and not twelve hours later... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow down hoss. That's crazy talk.