Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2004, 05:21 PM

Default River bet on 2 hands online

Limping PF is obviously questionable in both, but I've been trying to mix up my play. Anyway, these two river bets had me thinking.

Hand 1 - I'm EP2 and limp with TdTs. T/A MP1 raises. Unknown SB calls and 3 see the flop for 7 sb's.

Flop - 5s 6c Js....ch'd to raiser who bets/call-call. 10 sb's.

Turn - 2d....same action. 3 to the river for 8 BB's.

River - 9d....SB ch's and I bet.

Hand 2 - I'm in SB with AKo. Folded to me and I complete. T/A BB ch's.

Flop - 4h 6h Jc ....goes ch/call.

Turn - 9h ....ch/call.

River - 4s .... I bet.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:25 PM

Default Re: River bet on 2 hands online

it's not questionable, really. screw mixing up your play like that online, nobody is noticing. Raise pf.

I'd lead taht flop and call a raise and lead the turn again, if he raises I'd fold.

Hand 2. If you were going for the limp-re-raise fine, otherwise that's horrible. Bet the flop at least. check call?!?! wtf?!
Old 09-26-2004, 06:57 PM

I play thousands and thousands of these same TT and AKo hands online very differently, PF and pre-river, just like you suggest. Your points are good ones and acknowledged as such. My question is, based on the line I took, what do you think about the river bets? If your answer is that it doesn't matter because of the PF and pre-river action, no problem.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:04 PM

Hand one I like your river bet. If you're raised you gotta fold, though.

Hand 2 I htink you couldn't possibly have played the hand more retardedly, and no, I don't like your bet. He'll fold hands you beat and may bet hands you beat so given that you've played so retardly so far you may as well check and call.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:22 PM

Default Results

"Hand one I like your river bet. If you're raised you gotta fold, though"

Yeah, I agree. But he just called. SB folded and he showed AA. I figured I was a coin flip there and bet. He didn't miss his AK or AQ.

"Hand 2 - given that you've played so retardly so far you may as well check and call"

LMAO. That's good. "Folded to me in the SB w/AK, I raise and BB folded" happens a lot to everyone. Based on my weak/tight approach here, it got interesting on different levels.

The BB knew I would raise a good hand and vice versa. The fact that BB didn't raise my limp eliminated a mid-big A, a mid pair, a decent K or a good Q.

Based on my limp, I expected BB to fire at my ch's on the flop and turn. I had planned to ch/r the turn unimproved, but felt like I was inducing bluff bets with best crap here. River confirmed it. I won. He called and didn't show.

I've rarely taken this line in this spot and figured I'd get something along the "retard" PF-flop line response, but thought maybe the PF ch from a T/A BB and his firing at rags would make the AK river bet something to think about. Oh well.