Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2004, 02:44 AM

Default SSH Preflop aggression

I've been struggling with my numbers at loose/passive tables; not my winrates (which could always be higher) but my aggression rating. I'm curious what sort of A-PF I should be looking for, and overall A-Tot (most of the posts a search turned up, along with the numbers I've been using as a guideline and even Bison's Notes numbers seem geared toward better tables and higher limits).

I was thinking I was playing some stuff wrong, and I very well might be, but I'm also noticing that I'm limping in EP all the time with hands like Axs and low PPs... Far as I can tell at the tables I'm at (very little raising, 5 to the flop or better most hands) these plays are just fine, as well as several other suited broadway hands (though of course some are raisers).

I'm thinking those hands are enough to drive down my preflop aggression pretty seriously (by raising my VP$IP without raising my PFR%). Any thoughts on what sort of numbers I should be using as guidelines in my aggression ratings for SSH-type tables?
Old 09-26-2004, 05:08 AM

Default Re: SSH Preflop aggression

If you sit down with L-P-P players your PT stats will drift into sL-sP-A range when using the SSH method. all the Axs, small pairs, etc you will be able to play in that environment.