Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2004, 01:38 PM

Default New Cardroom in Missouri Starting New Tournamets.. help me analyze...

OK. this is going to be interesting.

Isle of Capri recently opened a poker room in KC and they are going to start running tournaments, and this is how they are going to do them.. what do you think here:

They are running 3 a day: 9:00AM (are you kidding) 6 PM and Midnight Daily

6PM is the only one i'd play so check this out:

$50 buy-in of which the house takes $5 ($3 for the house, $2 for a WPT promotion they are running)

For $3 extra for dealer tips you get to double your stack size (a no Brainer)

So it's $53 to start.

For the first 40 minutes it's a rebuy event and unlike the stars rebuys i'm used to, there's no immediate rebuy and you can ONLY rebuy if you're out of chips, which is then another $53.. (that's right, the house takes a new cut from each rebuy)

So, 40 minute rebuy period, then at the end of an hour it's a $20 Add-on. which again is a no brainer since the chips are mucho cheaper.

They only have 8 tables, and I think they're only willing to commit 6 to a tourney, so at most they'll have 60, but I just can't imagine there being that many at first.

Anyway, 1) what do you think of this setup?
2) those of you who have experienced tournaments run by new cardrooms, what are some of the challenges?

The guy who runs the room honestly seems less poker knowledgable that me, and I just anticipate some nightmares with how it is run.

Also, He told me if there's 20 a whopping 6 will be paid (he did not have the percentages available)
and if 30 play.. 8 would be paid (holy cow... that's a lot)

What kind of experiences do you find in live rebuy tourneys? Should I expect total craziness or just increased aggression.

The limit hold 'em games they have there are so soft it makes my mouth water.