Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 02:17 AM

Default PokerStars 20+2 Hand for review

20+2 Tourney in middle stages 90 something people left blinds at 100-200 w 25 ante. I have 1980 in chips and short stack at table. I get AK os on the button. I have seen some loose raises and calls at this table in this hour. With 800 already in the pot I think my only move is to push becuase if I make a reasonable raise against these players if I get reraised I am pot committed with what would be more than 2000 chips in the pot and Having less than 1200. Is my thinking correct in that I think there is no way that I can get away from this?
Old 09-14-2004, 02:27 AM

Default Re: PokerStars 20+2 Hand for review

You shouldn't be concerned about getting away from this hand. AK with less than 10xBB is a beautiful thing to see, and it is a good hand to see all 5 cards with. Push it - the dead money (before any limpers) will increase your stack by 25%, and if you're called, most of the time you'll be a coin flip at worst. With your stack starting to twindle, this is just what you're looking for.