Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2004, 12:05 AM

Default How fishy are the 6maz tables?

I know this has been touched upon in the past, but I wanted to start a new topic and hopefully get some fresh ideas.

So, I have played online (at partpoker) for 10 months or so. Up to this point I have played a fair amount of SNGS, MTTs, NL/limit 10 person ring games, but NO 6 max tables. Yesterday I sat down at a 6 max table ($25 NL) and was stunned at how bad the play was. IMO it was far, far worse than the play that I have seen at the $25 or $50 NL 10 max tables. This wasn't just one table either, but all 10 or so of the tables that I tried out. So...
1. Are the 6 max tables actually more fishy then the 10 max tables (at comparable limits)?
2. At the higher levels are there still a lot of complete fish (say $200 NL)?
3. Are there any other sites besides PP that I should checkout for SH NL?

Thanks
Old 09-13-2004, 12:50 AM

Default Re: How fishy are the 6maz tables?

If you wish to maximize your earn, play lots of $200SnGs. A very close second choice would be lots of 15/30 full tables.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you wish to maximize your earn, play lots of $200SnGs. A very close second choice would be lots of 15/30 full tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I don't mean to necessarily disagree with you on this cuz I haven't played at these levels, but In my personal experience I have found that at the small stakes tables such as $2/$4 I can make a lot more playing a 6 max table than a full ring table, if you are capable of adjusting to these games. As far as the higher limits and the NL 6 max tables go I'll leave that answer to players with more experience at those levels.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:54 AM

Nearly all levels on Party Poker is more or less fishy, but I guess that the 6max tables are a little more fishy in No-Limit because that these players like a faster game and more action and they tend to play a couple of hands to much. They are not afraid to call with a flushdraw on all in on the turn even if you overbet the pot and the board is paired allready [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 09-13-2004, 09:21 AM

Shorthanded is much more profitable than ring games for various reasons, and one of (if not) the biggest you already mentioned (opponents playing badly, thinking they can out-aggro everyone with [censored] hands).
Old 09-13-2004, 10:20 AM

I guess the other reason for 6max tables to be so profitable as there is no completed popular literature 'bout this sort of games. So many good 10-max players wasting some money while adjusting their style to these games.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im going to guess from the games that were mentioned poster does not have the bankroll for such games. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I prefer shorthand for the faster play/more hands per hr, but I do see that many people take the shorthand=must play a ton of hands, thinking too far.