Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2004, 03:56 AM

Default first $2/$4 hand post

I opened an account at FullTilt Poker last week and killed the $1/$2 game for about 6 hours (very small sample, I know). I went back tonight to continue at $1/$2, but both active tables were full and had huge waiting lists because one of the pros was suppposedly playing. So, I thought I would give the $2/$4 a try while I waited for a spot at my normal tables and took the seat bunky had just vacated.

Background: I've played one full orbit. I won one small pot without showing. Woohoo.

My second time on the BB I get the mighty A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I have $430.

Folded to very short-stacked button ($134) who limps. An open-limp from the button? Weird. Also, what's he doing with only $134 at a $400 table. Oh well, it is FTP.

Anyway, SB ($332) completes and we see a flop of AK3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Check, check, button bets $10 into $11.40 pot. SB folds, I call.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, button bets $21 into $30 pot. I raise to $60. He folds.

In retrospect, I feel terrible about my line, but I'm really not sure what I should have done. Please help me.

BTW I got disconnected about 4 minutes later and still cannot get back on two hours later. Also, I tried several times over the course of 2 hours last night to log on to FTP and was unsuccessful every time. I never have this problem at Stars, Party, UB, or Paradise so I figure the problem is on their end. Has anyone else had trouble getting on FTP?

Thanks,
Che
Old 09-13-2004, 06:07 AM

Default Re: first $2/$4 hand post

[ QUOTE ]
I opened an account at FullTilt Poker last week and killed the $1/$2 game for about 6 hours (very small sample, I know). I went back tonight to continue at $1/$2, but both active tables were full and had huge waiting lists because one of the pros was suppposedly playing. So, I thought I would give the $2/$4 a try while I waited for a spot at my normal tables and took the seat bunky had just vacated.

Background: I've played one full orbit. I won one small pot without showing. Woohoo.

My second time on the BB I get the mighty A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I have $430.

Folded to very short-stacked button ($134) who limps. An open-limp from the button? Weird. Also, what's he doing with only $134 at a $400 table. Oh well, it is FTP.

Anyway, SB ($332) completes and we see a flop of AK3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Check, check, button bets $10 into $11.40 pot. SB folds, I call.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, button bets $21 into $30 pot. I raise to $60. He folds.

In retrospect, I feel terrible about my line, but I'm really not sure what I should have done. Please help me.

BTW I got disconnected about 4 minutes later and still cannot get back on two hours later. Also, I tried several times over the course of 2 hours last night to log on to FTP and was unsuccessful every time. I never have this problem at Stars, Party, UB, or Paradise so I figure the problem is on their end. Has anyone else had trouble getting on FTP?

Thanks,
Che

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't read your post properly: there are three hearts on the board?

If so, I would just throw my hand away.

Otherwise, I think check/call is better than check/raise unless there's an obvious draw on the board. You can't beat anyone who would call your raise.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:42 AM

Default yes, flop was all hearts

Sorry.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:24 PM

Default Re: first $2/$4 hand post

Fold on the flop unless you have a read that the button will bet any flop checked to, in which case you should raise.