Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 12:19 AM

Default A3s $50 6-max... a little different than normal

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 6 handed)

MP ($114.08)
CO ($75.50)
Hero ($50)
SB ($244.34)
BB ($114.25)
UTG ($67.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($10) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, CO calls $5, Hero calls $5, SB calls $5, BB folds.

Turn: ($30) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, CO calls $5, Hero calls $5, SB calls $5.

River: ($50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $232.34 (All-In)</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $282.34

Some general thoughts...

I usually don't play A3s but I felt with the minimum raise + other players I figured to be calling, it could be profitable... The thought was similar on the flop.

Anyone get aggressive on the turn? Two of the three players were extremely loose, calling with middle, bottom pairs, etc...
Old 09-12-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Re: A3s $50 6-max... a little different than normal

I dunno.. cold-calling that raise pf really leaves you in the dark for the rest of the hand; I know it's cliche but I'd probably fold it.

If I wanted to play I'd make it 6 to go on the button... if he reraises, I'd fold. If he calls that pf and checks the flop, I'd pot it and give up if he calls or raises there.

That way you know where you are... if he doesn't have the ace he's going to check/fold the flop after calling your rreraise; if he does have the ace, and by implication outkicks you, he'll stick around and you'll know your beat.

I am kind of a MANIAC at the table though so I'm not sure this advice is sound. (PFR% ~ 15%)