Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 06:55 PM

Default Flopped just what I wanted - well at least one card

Pacific Poker .05/.10

I'm in MP with 88. A few limpers so I limp in as well. Almost everyone else limps in and we see the flop of 789 rainbow. Checked to me I bet, mostly callers, SB raises, I reraise, SB caps I call (2 people follow us).

SB bets the blank turn. I raise and am reraised. At this point I capped but I'm thinking the correct play would have been to perhaps call and then call the river bet. Or should I fold here?

Thanks!
Deception5
Old 09-09-2004, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Flopped just what I wanted - well at least one card

If SB is a non-maniac, I would call the turn re-raise, and call down the river. If he is a maniac, then cap and call another bet on the river.

There is absolutely no way you could fold the turn. Pot is huge, and even if you don't have the winning hand, you may still improve.

Even if you don't improve, calling the river is mandatory. There is at least 15 big bets in the pot, so even if you are only win 7% of the time you make money here.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:27 PM

I like your flop play.

[ QUOTE ]
SB bets the blank turn. I raise and am reraised. At this point I capped but I'm thinking the correct play would have been to perhaps call and then call the river bet. Or should I fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I slow down and just call the turn. He is screaming at you that he has the straight.

If you fold here you deserve a beating. If he does have the straight you still have 10 outs to make yr boat. Plus you still might be ahead to some crazy LAG fish with 2 pair.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:13 AM

Thanks for the replies! I didn't really think folding was an option either - and good points about the 10 outs for a full house and the pot size. I was kind of suspicious he had JT, never would have guessed T6 :-)