Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2004, 11:44 PM

Default Question for Greg Raymer

Greg, hopefully this post finds it's way to you...I played in a 10-25 blinds NLHE game with you a few weeks ago at foxwoods (tuesday i believe) and one hand in particular bothers me.

First, let me start with some background. I believe you are a class act and a genltlemen. On my first trip to Foxwoods, my new poker room at the time about 1.5 years ago, i sat down at a 5-5 PLHE game with you. You introduced yourself, a few other players, and welcomed me to the game. My first impression of your playing ability was that you were a total maniac, but I quickly realized otherwise. You are a great and extremly dangerous player. At the time i would have considered myself a very tight NLHE player but since have tried to model my game after yours (or at least my rememberance of your game). My basic strategy now, without going into depth, is to play like a maniac for small money in order to get paid off when i get into a big hand.

Anyway, I know you are playing a lot of poker so let me try to refresh your memory. The game was in the foxwoods stud section and I was sitting two seats to your left. I had the biggest stack at the table with 7k until you sat down with a BIG stack. The reason i was in the game was because most of the players were playing with scared money and only bought in for the minimum ($1000). My details are fuzzy but this should be close enough:

You were the button and i recieved the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB. Two players limped and you mad a small raise to something like $75 and the three of us saw the flop of 8-4-3 rainbow. It was checked to you and you made a bet of about $175. I called as did a limper and three of us saw my dream turncard, a 2 (it did bring 2 diamonds). I checked you bet 300 and i made it 800 to go. You raised $1200 more to make it an even $2000. I went into the tank deciding what to do and decided to raise $2500 more. (this left me with a little under $2500 in chips.) My plan was as follows:

-if you reraise call (this is obvious)
-If you call, move all in on the river no matter what

Instead, to my tremendous dissapointment, you folded. You said you had the A-5 but were sure i had 6-5....

Here are my qustions:

Did you really have A-5? If so, what a laydown!
-did you pick up a tell?
-should i have gone all in on the turn? Did my smallish reraise give me away?

I was extremely bothered i did not get paid off here...In fact, that is why i left the game. I told you i had to work the next day which was true, but not why i really left. Even if you don't want to discuss your thought processes on this hand, since i will play you sometime again, please feel free to critique my play. (and anybody else for that matter)