Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 04:00 PM

Default This is one great book

I realize that there have no doubt been score of posts on Ed Millers new book, but I wanted to post this anyways...

Okay so I have been playing for 3 years and I have thirty, forty poker books, read em all, reread and reread the good ones, took notes on the great ones... I play okay, not great, good enough to beat, not crush, soft So Cal 20-40 or so.

Read TOP and HEPAP and that little Sklansky Holdem book, along with Feeney early on. Since I was new, I progessed along the learning curve quickly.

Then I read Brier and Ciafonne. I felt this book actually improved my game as much as the other books which is great since I was further along the learning curve. I posted in the past how I loved this book, I know some make fun of it, but I thought it was really excellent, and I didn't lose for 10 months after reading it, so there!

I honestly feel that SSH, after three years of play, will make a similar jump in my game. I have just finished reading it once, but I didn't know much of that stuff. I think 2+2 should be proud. The last two great holdem books have been written by players (Brier and Miller) who developed their games to a great extent via posting hands here. Not to mention that I think a regular is doing okay on that weekly ESPN poker show [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].