Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2004, 03:38 AM

Default Anyone play Omaha Hi/Lo SNG\'s?

I'm primarily a NLH SNG player (as most of us all are), but have a (pretty bendable) rule to not play them before 4PM EST or after 1AM EST. However, this can lead to some boredom at 2:30 in the AM, and I decided to try something new tonight, firing up 2 small stakes (10+1) Omaha Hi/Lo SNG's. I had a blast! Was a lot of fun to do something new, and I'd like to continue in the wee hours now and again.

I actually finished 1st and 2nd respectively, but I have no delusions... I'm not a 264% ROI Omaha Hi/Lo player. However, I do have 2 requests/questions of anyone who plays quite a few of these.

Are they profitable long term? What kind of ROI could a decent player expect long term?

Also, do you have any tips for these? I consider myself pretty competant at ring, but found myself scratching my head quite a bit as blinds got quite large. For instance, in one tournament I was quite shortstacked and waiting for a hand to look to get all my chips in with. Luckily, the decision was made easier when I looked down at AA34. I realize this question is very situation dependant, so really I'm just seeking ANY good information pertaining to these SNG's.

Thanks a bunch,
Remus