Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 01:23 AM

Default Fold a freaking massive pot?

This is my 4th post in about the last 10 seconds. I just had a pretty miserable session that thankfully finished on a somewhat decent note.

I've had a few days off and I felt out of sorts at the table. Wondering if I called down too much.

Here's one where I'm wondering if I should have folded the flop. I was getting pretty decent pot odds on both the flop and turn, though, and I thought I could make up the difference in implied odds if I spiked a Q. What do you think?

On the river I was pretty damn sure I was beat... anyone think I'm good here more than 5% of the time?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (15.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (20.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 23.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 23.75 BB, between MP3, CO and Hero.</font>
Old 08-24-2004, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Fold a freaking massive pot?

I'd checkraise the ugly flop and see what happens.

On the river, I'm not sure how often you are good. The fact that CO didn't raise the turn is a good sign though. I'd call just becasue the $2 is less than the price of a new monitor if I fold a winner.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Fold a freaking massive pot?

I don't like capping here preflop with 5 callers in. Just call his 3 bet and see flop.

On flop, I check, and then maybe check/raise the PFR to limit the field. Gonna get rid of maybe some weak Ks. I would want this to go heads up, bet the turn, and check/call river.

BUT, in the way you played it, I would not call the turn bet. There are no apparent draws and MP3 has a set or 2 pair. You do realize there are 5 players calling the flop bet and the raise on a rainbow flop with no straight draws either. You may be ahead of 3 of the 5 or 4 of the 5 but someone has you beat with so many callers.

I bet MP3 has a set of 3s or 78.

Also review your pot odds, you don't have odds I believe to go for 2 outters.