Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 04:03 PM

Default any comments on this one?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds.

River: (20.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 24.75 BB
Old 08-23-2004, 04:07 PM

Default Re: any comments on this one?

Way to suck it up and bet into a possible queens up full house. I don't know if it was the right play, but it sure was ballsy. Kudos if it worked out, but given the turn action I think you're likely up against just that.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:13 PM

I don't understand the turn bet. Anyone with a Q is going to let you know about it, and you could be drawing dead. Not only that, a raise will likely thin the field, making it less profitable for you when you do hit your flush.

With three others getting a showdown, I'll be shocked if you end up winning this hand.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:24 PM

I don't call this preflop, even with so many limpers.

After that:

Flop call is necessary.

Turn bet isn't. It probably killed your outs for the boat, and you're betting into a field that will likely already have a hand - they will raise you. With this turn, you only have outs to a flush, which could possibly already be beaten.

River: lol. I have no clue what they could've been holding.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:29 PM

To be honest I'm not following my logic much either, but here is what I thought...

MP2 who bet on the flop probably has a queen, most flop bets come from TP so thats what I put him on. I figured since I was early I'd bet, trap MP for a bet maybe MP2 might reraise his trips and I guess hoping that everyone would cold-call. I realize now this was stupid and the smart play probably would have been to C/R if I wanted to go that route. The only problem is my flush isnt all that great and the three-bet really scared me. Still I figured that if the flushc came MPs trip Qs would be toast and I just hoped UTG didnt have it. The problem is when the 8 comes, if i follow my previous logic then I'm toast to the Queens full, but because I'm an idiot I bet out anyways.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:33 PM

Default results

yeah, given my pretty dumb logic I dont know how I won this but it was interesting to say the least

UTG+1 shows Td Jc (straight, queen high).
Hero shows 8c 7c (full house, eights full of queens).
MP2 shows Js Ts (straight, queen high).
MP3 shows Th Kc (two pair, queens and eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 24.75 BB.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:34 PM

Considering it wasn't raised PF, I think your turn play is not optimal here, as you could easily be drawing dead to a Q9o, Q8o, etc. While I know folding in a big pot isn't optimal, I think this is a situation where calling two bets cold after being raised and re-raised will lose you money in the long run.

The river betting confuses me, not just your bet out, but also the lack of raises. I would have just checked/called probably.

Of course with only one limper when you acted, I would have folded this PF.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:37 PM

Pre-Flop: Unless I'm absolutely sure I'm getting a lot of callers I let this go pre-flop. You did get a lot of callers so I'll assume the table was very loose and in that case the pre-flop call is fine.

Flop: check-call. I hate this line. You called cold FOUR other callers with bottom pair and non-nut backdoor flush draw, you have NO backdoor str8 draw because it would be the igonorant on one end and to make the other end it would hav to put a str8 on the board. You have to think what could they have? Pair of queens, pair of nines, made straight, straight draw, etc. Your behind all that. I guess you could've have tried a check-raise but I'm just folding this garbage.

Turn: you remember the guy who stayed with his pair of Queens? Now he has three of them! Don't bet into him with your bottom pair. I check-call because of my flush draw.

River...Aggh then of course an eight has to hit....I guess I check call but I'm miserable. I check-fold for any non club or eight.

Oh and if you ended up winning this hand...then you played it well and probably should have raised it more [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]