Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2004, 11:26 AM

Default One more reason not to play at Trump IN

Some numbnuts asked to see my hand when we were heads up after I had check-called and mucked after he showed a better hand. The dealer, having none of it (was I colluding to give him my money!?), mixed the cards up and shrugged his shoulders.

A few hands later, I have a second best hand again, and the same player asks to see my hand again, this time before I muck. I had AQ with top pair and the nut flush draw, so it's not like I made any fancy plays that I need to conceal (I had with the first hand). So I act pissed, and say, kind of loudly, "Do you think I'm colluding with somebody?"

"I can see your hand if I ask."

"You understand the purpose of that is to detect cheating, right?

"No it's not."

To dealer, "Call the floor."

So the floor manager (about 12 years old with a goatee) comes over, and I ask him to confirm the reason for the show-hand rule is to detect collusion. He doesn't, he just says any player can ask to see another calling player's hand every half hour. I ask the purpose of the rule, and he says this isn't high limit, so nobody is really looking for cheating. NOBODY at the table seems to have a problem with this, and they seem irritiated with me for slowing the game down.

Unbelievable. The worse part of it is it encourages this angle-shooting POS to do it whenever he wants, and teaches other people who don't know better to do the same thing.