Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Multi-table question, HELP please!!

I multi-table between 2 and 3 tables quite often but I have to click between the tables. Can someone explain to me the way to tile the screen so I can see multiple windows at once. I use Win 98 2nd Ed.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Multi-table question, HELP please!!

get a monitor with a 1600x1200 resolution....its the only way to do it
Old 08-25-2004, 09:06 PM

rightclick on your desktop, click properties, click settings tab, drag teh screen resolution all the way to the right, click 'ok'. Thenk put your tables in the corners of your screen making your seats as close to the corners as possible, I have a 1280x1024 PC and I can get 4 with minimal overlap. Next computer, buy an upgraded video card and get a bigger monitor, that'll help too.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
get a bigger monitor

[/ QUOTE ]

size of the monitor doesnt matter it is the resolution that makes the difference
Old 08-25-2004, 09:57 PM

Does make it easier to read, though. 1280 x 1024 or 1600x1200 are hard to read on a laptop but on a 21-inch monitor it's much better.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:38 PM

Size does matter I like my 22in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JAque
Old 08-26-2004, 12:07 PM

Default Still need help

This works for me on one of my computers - everything gets smaller, I can fit more on a page (i.e. 2-4 screens).

On another computer, everything stays the same size but the effect is like zooming out on the screen.

On one computer (the one that works properly), a party window which might be 6 inches by 6 inches gets reduced in size so I can fit two next to each other.

In the second example, changing the resolution leaves the party windows the same size - I can put them side by side but each window now runs off the side of the screen. I can use the mouse to move the screen - but can't reduce the window sizes so both windows will fit within the displayed screen.

Hope this explanation makes sense. If so, do you have tips to help me address.

In the mean time, I play one Party window and one Ulitmate Bet (using the mini view) but would like the opportunity to sometimes fit two party windows on one screen without overlap.

Thanks.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Still need help

FYI: You can also download a program called tweakui. It lets you modify some basic window behaviors including one which i find really useful for multitabling. You can set your active window to always be the one that the cursor is over. This eliminates your multiple session windows from popping up one over the other constantly. The program actually used to be included as part of Windows 95 so it is completely legit. You can probably still download it direct from Microsoft if you look but a quick search gave me this site: TweakUI. It has some instructions and what-not as well. Hope this is of some use to someone.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This works for me on one of my computers - everything gets smaller, I can fit more on a page (i.e. 2-4 screens).

On another computer, everything stays the same size but the effect is like zooming out on the screen.

On one computer (the one that works properly), a party window which might be 6 inches by 6 inches gets reduced in size so I can fit two next to each other.

In the second example, changing the resolution leaves the party windows the same size - I can put them side by side but each window now runs off the side of the screen. I can use the mouse to move the screen - but can't reduce the window sizes so both windows will fit within the displayed screen.

Hope this explanation makes sense. If so, do you have tips to help me address.

In the mean time, I play one Party window and one Ulitmate Bet (using the mini view) but would like the opportunity to sometimes fit two party windows on one screen without overlap.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The second monitor isn't capable of displaying the resolution you requested. Example: If you want 1600x1200, but your monitor will only display 1280x1024, you'll see the effect you mention. You need a new monitor.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:33 PM

Thanks the tip!