Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2003, 02:05 PM

Default The Grand Experiment! (Volunteers needed)

I do something weird when I'm bored that has had a positive impact on my game. I deal out cards in a circle, and play a limit hold-em hand for 10 people. Of course, I have to pretend that I only know one players' cards at a time. A large percentage of the time, there is no flop seen.

Here's what I'm going to do. First I'm going to deal out a bunch of hands (the number of hands depends on how many volunteers I get). I'm going to play every hand for myself first. Then I'm going to have the volunteers play the hands (although each volunteer will only have one hand, and will be playing against the other volunteers). I will have each hand played by 3 different groups, and see if they all come up with the same result. I will probably post the results of 1 hand each day in December or something.

One of three things will happen, and I'm not sure which. Scenario 1 (most likely): No one will be willing to volunteer, and I will cry myself to sleep every night for the next week.
Scenario 2: The hands will be played almost identically, and there will be a lot of discussion and comparison to high stakes tables that see too many flops, etc.
Scenario 3: The hands will be played differently, and there will be a lot of discussion on play that will be helpful to everyone's game.

If you are a GOOD TIGHT AGGRESSIVE player, especially one that plays for a living, please PM me. If you are a regular poster, I would appreciate your help immensely. It will take you less than 2 minutes for each hand. Most of them will just be easy folds anyhow.

Even if you're not a pro, you can still help. Somebody has to be dealt 72o UTG, and I don't want to make ANY decisions for the players, so if you want to help, and just want me to give you obvious decisions, let me know. Basically, I just need to attach a name (anonymous or not) to every decision made.

The hands will have to be played over a period of time via Email or PM. Let me know which you prefer. If you prefer email, obviously I need your address. Also, let me know the name you will want me to use to refer to you. I'm assuming some of you would like to be known anonymously, while others want their skills to be shown. Feel free to use a slightly ambigous name if you want to have a little fun.

I posted this in the Internet forum as well. If you want to vote for where I will post the results, please go vote in the poll I made in the IG forum.

-thank you in advance for your help
Old 11-25-2003, 02:32 PM

Default Re: The Grand Experiment! (Volunteers needed)

I wouldn't want to see a grown man cry so email me if you need someone. Its in my profile.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:55 PM

I'm not a pro, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I'll be happy to help if you need another volunteer.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:03 PM

I know I haven't posted as much as a lot of people on here, but this sounds interesting, I'd be happy to help if you want someone else.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:55 PM

If you need another volunteer, my email is below.

esspo@stanfordalumni.org
Old 11-25-2003, 03:59 PM

Forgot to mention this part, I'd go through PM myself...and you can just use my 2+2 name for the results too...the obvious stuff, just wanted to keep it clear
Old 11-25-2003, 04:53 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

10 hands is much too small of a sample.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:20 PM

I'm not claiming this will answer every question there is about poker. My main goal is just to create a lot of debate / discussion. I have gotten 18 volunteers already which is great. Hopefully I can get 30 so I can have each hand played 3 times without any overlap. It seems like people are interested in this, so I'll do more than 10 hands. I'm thinking 1 a day for the entire month of december. How does that sound?
Old 11-25-2003, 09:28 PM

Congratulations,

The great eugeneel has decided to join your experiment.

Is everyone willing to be serious about this thing and NOT raise the 2 7 UTG?

Also, I play hands a certain way to change my table image. I may raise 89s in mp if I am the 1st one in since I am usually seen as very tight. I make the play so that next time I raise with a monster hand people won't surely put me on a monster...

So do I need to eliminate this type of play in this experiment since it is very situational?
Old 11-25-2003, 10:11 PM

You can feel free to PM me a few decisions.