Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2004, 10:28 PM

Default My first B&M experience

Never played live before and headed up to the Ameristar in St. Louis yesterday (8-17).

Playing live wasn't nearly as fun as I thought it would be. I played 3/6 holdem, the players were awful, barely any skill at all, in fact, most of the play was worse than the average Party Poker player. Hardly any conversation happened at the table and some players didn't know their options on each round. Overall, playing online is much quicker and more convenient for me.

Reading players was much easier than online however. The Rocks might as well hold up a sign, they were generally very passive, I almost wanted to shake my head when I saw some of the hands they showed down, never raising along the way.

I did lose about 20 BB however, I misplayed pocket Jacks and didn't hit 3 OESDs which would have won, none of my smaller PPs hit a set, I had AK 3 times and missed the flop each time with it, had KK very early on and flop came AQJ, I had a made flush on the flop from the BB and lost to a bigger flush on the river.