Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2004, 02:26 AM

Default Thank You SSHE & 2+2 Forums

I share this because before learning from these forums and complimenting that with Ed's book, I think I would have wanted to weakly fold the flop, turn and river too much. (That and having chesspain call me weak/tight hurt)

UTG+1 is LAGish
MP2 is new to the table
MP3 is a semi-Loose and Passive
CO is new to the table
SB is the poster child for Loose/Passive

Table as a whole has been loose by Star's standards.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed)
Props to Bison for his converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

<font color="blue">I don't understand what CO could be holding to Cold Call two, then cap it when it gets back around. I want to fear larger pocket pair but figure it is more likely he is a maniac I have not yet identified. </font>

Flop: (25 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

<font color="blue"> I am open to the suggestion that I should have raised, but with that King on board, all the pre-flop aggression and no obvious draw on board, my plan was to call one and if it was check-raised call one more. If everyone else folds I am still getting 26:1 to hit my two outs so I should call. Old me would not have folded here, but he would have been scared instead of confident in his play.</font>

Turn: (15 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue">Again, I would have been worried about the check-raise with this large field, but figured if some body had a hand already beating my draw, they would let me know here on the turn. Now I figure each 10 is only worth half an out, 1 out total (would have been .75 if the T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] was not in my hand) and each queen is worth half an out but the Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is only worth a quarter out, so I figure I have 2.75 outs on the turn, I quickly figured 16:1 in my head, the actual number is 15.73:1. I am getting 16:1 to call if no one else calls and figure the same thing, if it gets check-raised by anyone I will call one more. I have what amounts to a break even call in a huge pot. </font>

River: (20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> Wheeee! I made my one card straight, it is unlikely there is another ten out there since I hold two but the queen that hit had to be a spade. Now a new player leads out and gets a call (the original CC/Cap from Pre-Flop). I debated on raising the river but figure it is safer to just call. My thinking was, I have CO beat, he capped, bet/bet/called, so I think a straight beats him, but I worried about that flush from SB, a Loose/Passive that just led into 4 other players on a scary river.</font>

Final Pot: 23 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 23 BB, between CO, Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (23 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Jh 9h (two pair, jacks and nines).
CO shows Kd 8d (one pair, kings).
Hero shows Ts Th (straight, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins 23 BB. </font>

Like I said, I think I might have chickened out on the flop with the excuse that there were too many players left to act behind me to make even 26:1 to look good. Same on the turn. Feel free to criticize any portion of the hand, I am still happy and it is not just result orientated thinking but because I saw my outs and measured them 'fairly'. Thanks to all who have responded to my posts in the past.

Vern