Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2004, 10:43 AM

Default Funny story!!

This is only my second post. I really love this site but am new to poker. I have only been playing for a year.

Here is my story:

Home poker game $50 buy in about 20 people. Down to three people left. Guy to my right has made some real questionable calls. Made some big raises where I am sure he was beat, but noone had the guts to call him. Plus after he would win the hand he would almost always brag how he had the best hand. A couple of times another guy at the table said he is full of it. Anyways three people left I am in the big blind (blinds are 200-400) I have t3500 he has t5500! Button folds he is in the small blind and raises to 800. I check my cards and i have Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I call. Flop comes
Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] he bets 400 I call he says to me before the turn you don't want to lose all your chips on this one. I say nothing as usual. The turn comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I noticed he smiled when the second ace came up. I thought to myself he must have pocket aces he bets 400 again so I raise him 400 figuring he will go all in, but what does he do thinks for a real long time asks me a couple of times how much money I have, ( of course i dont have to count it but i do to please him anyway. Again he stares me down looks at his cards and says outloud I have never mucked 4 of a kind in my life, but there is a first for everything.

I hear some people make some comments normally I wouldn't show this hand, but I had to make him look like a fool.
So I ask him you had poket QQ's he said yep and I mucked it. I said good because you would have lost instantly he jumps up and says I knew you had poket aces I and brags. I said wait a minute and turn over my hand to reveal the pocket Q's. I have never seen someone so embarassed in my life. After that I pretty much owned the table and ended up getting my first big tourney win in a home game.

To me this is a great story it might suck to you guys though.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Funny story!!

haha, the old "ask him if he had my hand trick"

well played, lol. I bet he didn't even have an ace, or had ace-rag.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:15 PM

I bet he didn't even have an ace, or had ace-rag.

Unless the game was played with marked cards or the "bluffer" had an amazing read, no sane person would fold any ace (even with a rag kicker) on this board because the kicker doesn't play and an ace gives someone the second nuts.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:32 PM

I think later in the night he told someone he had a pair of 9's but I am not sure! I am just glad that he will be playing next week because I now Know how he plays!
Old 08-10-2004, 02:53 PM

Given his obvious arrogance, if he had an Ace, I think he would have tried to steam roll you, which would have worked out even better for you.

Well played.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha, the old "ask him if he had my hand trick"

well played, lol. I bet he didn't even have an ace, or had ace-rag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm *positive* he didn't have an ace...
Old 08-11-2004, 03:38 PM

reraise preflop