Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2004, 07:20 AM

Default LaGing the LAG

I made a post a while back about getting into a fist fight with a LAG, is this another poor example of pushing too hard against a LAG
5Handed 2/4

66 UTG I raise, mainly because the table is generally full of loose players who will cold call 2 with most trash, maybe this in itself is wrong?

3Bet by LAG in UTG+1

Flop As8s2h
I bet, LAG calls

Turn 3h
I bet, LAG calls

River 9c
I bet, LAG calls.

LAG shows TT HHIG

Actually in my own reflection i'm the LAG here :S and my read starts to look pretty iffy....is this a combination of poor read and poor play?
Old 08-06-2004, 09:13 AM

Default Re: LaGing the LAG

Try using the hand converter for posting your hands, it makes life easier for everyone.

Raising 66 UTG should be reserved for tight games where you have a good chance ofgetting HU, taking the pot or just playing the blinds. The last thing you need with a low pair is a bunch of callers - you have few ways to improve and are likely beaten by any number of overcards.

The 3-bet and A on the flop could be scary for him too, his failure to raise you on Turn or Flop suggest he does not have an A, or he could be setting up a River CR if he is holding AK (not the usual LAG procedure). Against a PF 3-bet what can you beat here? KQs? 55 or less? I don't like the A on the board at all. I'm not sure if I prefer to check-call the Turn or River, probably the River. If he has an A he surely raises you at some point, but when he calls the Turn bet it looks like he has no A but is seeing the SD. Even if he is on the flush draw, check-call looks better as he may take a shot with a busted draw.

You are right - you are the LAG here, and opponent does not look LAG at all to me, he played the hand well, though a raise on the flop could be considered (as he is probably not wanting to fold his PP, calling down against your possible lower PP or bluff looks fine).

You need to cool down a bit.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2004, 03:08 PM

Hmm.... the preflop play is fine. You are NOT going to push him off a better hand so I don't like betting out on the flop. You *might* take a card off, particularly if he knows that you'll play an Ace slowly in heads up situations out of position, and see if he checks behind on the turn. But I don't quite think it's worth it, and check-fold is probably best.

[ QUOTE ]
I made a post a while back about getting into a fist fight with a LAG, is this another poor example of pushing too hard against a LAG
5Handed 2/4

66 UTG I raise, mainly because the table is generally full of loose players who will cold call 2 with most trash, maybe this in itself is wrong?

3Bet by LAG in UTG+1

Flop As8s2h
I bet, LAG calls

Turn 3h
I bet, LAG calls

River 9c
I bet, LAG calls.

LAG shows TT HHIG

Actually in my own reflection i'm the LAG here :S and my read starts to look pretty iffy....is this a combination of poor read and poor play?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-07-2004, 04:15 AM

Just re-read my post, of course a bunch of callers is fine for a PP if you are playing for a set, as a cheap flop gives you much better implied odds. So you limp on a loose table and play for a set or big draw (like 345 etc.), raise when you can get it HU.