Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 12:43 AM

Default a few hands from WCOOP #5

<font color="blue"> A few hands from WCOOP EVent #5 that I'd like feedback on plus brief descriptions of a few others for background reasons. </font>

Hand 97: Early in Level 4, Blinds 50/100.

Folded to weak player to my immediate right who limps. I have 4160 (third at the table) and make it 400 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Fairly tight BB calls. I have him covered, barely. Weak player folds.

Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Pot: 950. Check, I bet 600, call.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Pot: 2150. BB shoves in his last 3055. What now?

<font color="blue"> The next two hands occur at a different table. For the first one, I've been there about three orbits and have increased my stack from ~14000 to over 18000 without showing down a single hand or even seeing a flop for that matter. Stealing blinds about once a round plus I've reraised of a couple of LP raisers from the BB. Nice tight-aggressive play if I do say so myself. </font> [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hand 322: Level 9, Blinds 300/600/a50.

UTG+1 (solid player with 27.5K) opens for 1200. First non 3xBB open in 3 orbits.

I'm next with 18.5K and AQo. Players still to act (in order) have 38K, 20K, 8K, SB 48K, BB 10K.

I folded. Too tight? Flat out wimpy? Let me know.

<font color="blue"> After a little more than 7 orbits at this table, I had built my stack to 23.5K and still had not seen a flop. </font>

Hand 350: Level 10, 400/800/a50 as are all the remaining hands.

Third to act, I open for 2400 with A9s. Folded to CO, second shortest stack at the table, who pushes in for ~11.5K. He's been here since before I arrived at the table - playing a tight short stack the whole time.

Folded back to me. 15.5K in the pot. 9K to call.

Oh, by the way, ~190 left and 180 paid. Shortie has plenty of chips to fold in. I fold.

<font color="blue"> I only post this as background for the final two hands since I think it was an easy fold, but comment if you like. </font> [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Hand 352: I open UTG for 2400. I get the blinds.

Hand 353: 3 folds then table chip leader (44k) opens for 2400. Folded to me in the BB.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and almost 22K after posting. I make it 6000. This is the fourth time I have done this in 9 orbits. The first three times I took it down.

Big stack is a solid player and has been here the whole time. He thinks a while then calls.

My first flop at the table after 9 orbits: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Pot: 12850.

I check, he bets 4000, I fold. Comments?

Here was the chat that followed:

Glorfindel said, "that flop sucked"
Big Stack: doesn't show hand
Big Stack said, "mwuahah"
Glorfindel said, "lol"
Big Stack said, "sorry"
Glorfindel said, "np"
Glorfindel said, "nice play"
Big Stack said, "ty"
Big Stack said, "AK ?"
Glorfindel said, "yup"
Glorfindel said, "how'd you guess? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]"
Big Stack said, "heheh"

Hand 361: I folded the next 8 hands then got 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG. 183 left when the hand started (rem: 180 paid). Avg. stack is around 24K. I had 15820 left and opened for 2400.

One fold then the villain (18600) calls. Villain has been at the table for at least 4 orbits. No obvious errors.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Pot: 6450. I bet 4800. He thinks a while then pushes. I instacall my last 8570. Comments?

Villain has black JJ and the river is a J. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I'm out in 182nd.

<font color="blue"> This was discussed briefly in the WCOOP EVent #5 thread, but I'm including it here for those of you who didn't bother to wade through all 200+ posts.

Thanks in advance for your comments,
Che </font>
Old 08-03-2004, 02:25 AM

Default Re: a few hands from WCOOP #5

[ QUOTE ]

Folded to weak player to my immediate right who limps. I have 4160 (third at the table) and make it 400 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Fairly tight BB calls. I have him covered, barely. Weak player folds.

Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Pot: 950. Check, I bet 600, call.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Pot: 2150. BB shoves in his last 3055. What now?

I think you have to lay down here. This looks like a 6 that is pretty sure you won't lay down an A. Tough choice, I fold while reading it on 2+2 and probably call if I'm at the table and go broke [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

UTG+1 (solid player with 27.5K) opens for 1200. First non 3xBB open in 3 orbits.

I'm next with 18.5K and AQo. Players still to act (in order) have 38K, 20K, 8K, SB 48K, BB 10K.

Standard fold, IMO.

Third to act, I open for 2400 with A9s. Folded to CO, second shortest stack at the table, who pushes in for ~11.5K. He's been here since before I arrived at the table - playing a tight short stack the whole time.

Oh, by the way, ~190 left and 180 paid. Shortie has plenty of chips to fold in. I fold.

Easy laydown. Don't know that I'd have even bothered to raise this hand in the first place in EMP.

Hand 353: 3 folds then table chip leader (44k) opens for 2400. Folded to me in the BB.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and almost 22K after posting. I make it 6000. This is the fourth time I have done this in 9 orbits. The first three times I took it down.

Big stack is a solid player and has been here the whole time. He thinks a while then calls.

My first flop at the table after 9 orbits: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Pot: 12850.

I like the postflop. Preflop, considering your image I may just call and take a flop here.

Hand 361: I folded the next 8 hands then got 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG. 183 left when the hand started (rem: 180 paid). Avg. stack is around 24K. I had 15820 left and opened for 2400.

One fold then the villain (18600) calls. Villain has been at the table for at least 4 orbits. No obvious errors.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Pot: 6450. I bet 4800. He thinks a while then pushes. I instacall my last 8570. Comments?[ QUOTE ]

This is an autocall obviously. May have folded preflop, but autocall nonetheless on the flop. Bubble or not.

Che,

Are you playing in the PL event on Tuesday? If so, good luck. I'm in. Same SN as here. Man, I really suck at this quote stuff, but I'm going to bed. Sorry about the horrid post format.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:47 AM

Default Re: a few hands from WCOOP #5

Hand 1. Unless the BB has exactly 66 (A-6 maybe?) I can't imagine a hand a tight BB would call with here, and if he has 66 I certainly wouldn't just check-call that flop. Smells like a split pot to me, and he's figuring that either you call for a split pot, or can't get away from an overpair and he takes your chips. Its a good play by him, but I think you have to call.

Hand 2: [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 3: Pretty standard I think.

Hand 4: That flop sucks, I hate reraising and then giving up on the flop without a fight, but its probably a good decision here.

Hand 5: Cards Happen.

Bubbling sucks, but you play goot.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:14 PM

Default My fixed version

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to lay down here. This looks like a 6 that is pretty sure you won't lay down an A. Tough choice, I fold while reading it on 2+2 and probably call if I'm at the table and go broke [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard fold, IMO.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy laydown. Don't know that I'd have even bothered to raise this hand in the first place in EMP.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the postflop. Preflop, considering your image I may just call and take a flop here.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Pot: 6450. I bet 4800. He thinks a while then pushes. I instacall my last 8570. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an autocall obviously. May have folded preflop, but autocall nonetheless on the flop. Bubble or not.

Che,

Are you playing in the PL event on Tuesday? If so, good luck. I'm in. Same SN as here. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2004, 12:20 PM

Default Re: My fixed version

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to lay down here. This looks like a 6 that is pretty sure you won't lay down an A. Tough choice, I fold while reading it on 2+2 and probably call if I'm at the table and go broke .

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read the hand.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Re: My fixed version

Ian J-

[ QUOTE ]
Are you playing in the PL event on Tuesday?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. The first tourney I ever played was a Stars $1 PL. Haven't played PL since. Maybe someday...

Good luck,
Che
Old 08-03-2004, 04:00 PM

Default RESULTS

Hand 97: AK with 2345 board.

I called. He had 66. I rivered the miracle 6 to chop.

In retrospect, this was obviously an FTOP error, but I still think calling is correct from an EV perspective. I didn't do an EV calculation for the call at the time, but here goes:

When opponent has an A, our EV is almost 1075 (he will occasionally have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and river the flush so it's a little less).

When he has a 6, our EV is basically -3055 (the amount of the call).

If he might have something else ( [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draw, 99, whatever), our EV will improve but I'll ignore those possibilities since they are extremely unlikely.

So I'm going to say 90% of the time he has an A and 10% he has a 6. I think this is actually conservative and he will actually have a 6 much less than 10%.

.9(1075)+.1(-3055)=662

662 is 20% of our remaining stack and we will bust less than 10% by calling so I think it's a call. Anyone disagree?

Hand 363: Flopped set of 6's.

I'm a little surprised no one mentioned pushing in (or at least betting a little more) to get the flush draw to fold or at least pay big.

I actually thought QQ-TT, AK, AQ were the most likely holdings here so the flush draw was very unlikely. Whatever the case, I wanted ALL the chips to go in so I made a weak looking bet hoping he would come over the top which he did. In retrospect, I still like this play as well, but I thought others might have a different perspective.

All in all, while I didn't garner the profit I was hoping for this weekend, I got 11 hours of experience that should help me earn much profit in the future.

Thanks to all who replied,
Che