Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2004, 11:41 PM

Default hey superior poker - stop writing to me!

i haven't gotten one of these for awhile... until today in the mail i got a little flyer in an envelope from superior-poker.
it's not that big a deal, i just threw it away.

it included a $100 bonus with some 'coupon-code' so i am guessing it may be from an affiliate.

my biggest concern is WHERE did these guys get my address??
as far as may poker-life is concerned, my home address is on the various sites where i play and on neteller.
i can't think of anywhere else where they may have gotten it (it's not on 2+2 for example, nor do any other players here know my home address to my knowledge).

since i got a similar flyer a few months ago before joining a couple of the medium-sized site i can pretty much narrow it down to party/empire, ub, stars, paradise and pacific as well as neteller.
and i didn't sign up for paradise until feb and i think i got a couple of these flyers before then.

i honestly wonder if it's an employee of one of these places who had access to an address list and took it home himself to spam for a different site....or maybe just sold or gave it to these guys.
i honestly don't know....but i definitely don't like it.

i notice that the postmark is from miami...and i believe that is where a check was cut when i withdrew from UB accidentally via check instead of via neteller.
this would also roughly coincide with the timing of when the infrequent superior-spam started (maybe sept or oct, 2003 or so).

but this could also just be a coincidence obviously.

anyway, you guys at superior can keep sending me paper to throw away all you like...with each one i receive you increase the chance that i will NEVER play there from 99.9% to 99.91% then 99.2% etc etc.

if superior poker chooses to apologize for this unsolicted spam and explain that they have since taken action against this affiliate then that would be helpful.
i would even be willing to provide them with the affiliate code on the flyer since that should help them in tracking this guy down.

it would be even more helpful for me if i were able to learn how on earth you (or the affiliate) got my name and address for your mailing address in the first place.

in the meantime, i will continue to post about your spammyness as long as i keep receiving them.

to be fair, i have not bothered e-mailing superior regarding this issue, and mahybe i should....although i did reple to a post by the superiorpoker CEO (or maybe it was just some official) and never got a response.

also....to reiterate....the spam itself is not really what concerns me. i get a letter or e-mail from them every few weeks or so. but HOW they got my e-mail AND my home address in the first place IS something of a concern to me.
i just don't like it.