Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Fish story (lc)

Last night playing at pokerroom .25/.50 game. I was in one of the blinds with A7o and either completed or checked with 4 or 5 limpers in front of me. The flop came: 7 7 7. That is just sooo sexy looking [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I take a moment and check it hoping to get action. Fish in MP2 or 3 bets, folds to me. I take a few seconds to 'think' about it and decide to just call, same on thing on the turn. I c/r the river and end up getting to cap it. Winning a 9BB pot with my quads, I figured he had to have had a pocket pair so I go to check the HH and see that he mucked... 83o. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Took note of that and kept a close eye on this guy and watched him push a few people out of other hands with turn raises. I finally got mixed up with him again and had only second pair but had to call this fish down and he showed Ace high. I got involved with him a few more times and only lost to him one time I think winning a nice chunk of his stack in the process.

Just wanted to share, but had I just assumed this guy had a full house instead of checking the HH I probably would have folded winning hands to him.