Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2003, 01:20 PM

Default naked queen

At Ocean's Eleven (20-40), while sweating out the Nevada-SMU game on the wireless web, I'm in the small blind with:

Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] .

Four limpers (including the cutoff and the button), and I toss two chips into the pot. BB raps the table and the flop is:

Q [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] .

I check (hoping to check-raise the flop), but it's checked around. Turn is:

[Q [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] .

Thinking that I would get a check-raise again (plus I was a bit distracted) I checked again. Cutoff bets, the button and the big blind fold. I raised. Comments?
Old 01-19-2003, 02:30 PM

Default Re: naked queen

nice hand except if checked thru and somebody bets the river i think u should probably fold most of the time. (that really sounds dumb but i think u know what i mean)
Old 01-19-2003, 04:31 PM

Default Re: naked queen

I like the turnplay, but not the way you wanted to play the flop. If there is a bet from late position player, the checkraise is ok, but if someone from early position bets I would rather fold. Especially if there is a bet and a call.

Just my 2 cents

Martin Aigner
Old 01-19-2003, 11:40 PM

Default Re: naked queen--results

All folded to the cutoff who called. River was:

[Q [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] ]3 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] .

I bet, and was called by the cutoff who had Q[img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] . Just as the pot was being shoved to the cutoff, I finally noticed the straight (after noting SMU's win in overtime) and hollered to slide it back to me.

Yep, I sucked out on this one. I really should have bet the flop, planning to fold to a raise and check if there were two ore more callers.