Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Vegas Games

Going to LV next week......in the past I have only played at Bellagio and Mirage....looking for some advice from Vegas regulars as to what other rooms have good games at the 15-30 or 20-40 level? I am staying at Aladdin - is thier room any good?, any advice would be appreciated - thanks
Old 02-17-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Vegas Games

The room at the Aladdin is still new, hence mostly "seen it on TV" tourists and nothing higher that 6/12 normally. If there is an interest, they will spread it. Waiting times are short if any in the room, non smoking, 12 tables and 2 tournaments daily (mon-thurs 10am/1pm)

As for 15/30, Bellagio is the only game in town as is the Mirage with 20/40.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:22 PM

Thanks - I appreciate your advice - what about the Palms?, what limit do they spead there? (actually trying to avoid Bellagio if possible as the last time I was there the lists were huge for everything except 4-8)
Old 02-17-2005, 07:10 PM

15-30 and 20-40 lists were VERY reasonable this past week. The 4-8 list was a nightmare.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2005, 07:55 PM

The Palms spreads 2/4, 4/8 and 2/5 500 max buy-in No Limit only. Their NL lists for that game can get downright sick. It's all WPT wannabes with hats, glasses, hoods, old, young, doesn't matter. They all sit there with that mean look to try to intimidate each other.

I should take a pic sometime and post a caption like: "This could be you!!! Enter a WPT Event today!"

The game can be soft, but it's more weak loose. They love to raise to 25ish and get 6 calls. Not a lot of them know how to play post flop though.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:23 AM

Thanks for the perspective on the Palms (however I try to stay away from live action NL as I SUCK at NL except in tournaments, always only play higher limit games) - will check out your reco's for sure!
Old 02-21-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am staying at Aladdin - is thier room any good?, any advice would be appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

The Aladdin is a pretty good room. In fact, it has gotten a bit better since it opened a few months ago. They moved all the slots out of the poker area last month, and they just started a small comp program ($1 per hour - I think they pay it in $10 increments until they get the system fully automated).

Anyway, The management there is really serious about spreading higher limit games, and I am told they regularly have a 15/30 (or 10/20) going on the weekends. The Aladdin also has a pretty good baby NL game. Since you said you suck at cash NL games, it's a good one to cut your teeth on if you're interested.