Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 02:52 AM

Default AKo gives me 2 overs, BDFD and a gutshot

Villain is on second orbit with no GT+ stats yet.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Villain cold calls 2 bets then raises my flop lead. I put him on anything from medium PP (over pair) to anytwosooters. I don't feel an ace high is good here and want to see the turn. If I raise he could cap and cost me more to see the turn. Good play

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

2 overs, a BDFD and gutshot. Gotta take on here right?

Comments?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: AKo gives me 2 overs, BDFD and a gutshot

Uh, you no longer have a BDFD on the turn. Well, I guess you do, but I don't see how a busted BDFD helps?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:25 AM

You have 2 overs, and a dirty, dirty, gutshot, dude.

10 outs, but 4 are dirty, and 1 is very dirty. With only 5 outs which are only semi-dirty, this is a clear fold.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, you no longer have a BDFD on the turn. Well, I guess you do, but I don't see how a busted BDFD helps?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was late, I was reviewing PT and I was getting tired when I posted. The FD *was* lost on the turn. The 5 slid off and I was thinking it gave me 3 more outs not counting the 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Spiking the non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Ace or one of the remaining Kings, I felt could win as well here and I'd possibly collect two more bets. Marginal call or just horrible overall?

Would 3-betting the flop have been better? Calling a cap there if needed then lead the turn and fold to a raise?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:10 AM

I am calling. I wouldn't even consider folding.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was late, I was reviewing PT and I was getting tired when I posted. The FD *was* lost on the turn. The 5 slid off and I was thinking it gave me 3 more outs not counting the 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Spiking the non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Ace or one of the remaining Kings, I felt could win as well here and I'd possibly collect two more bets. Marginal call or just horrible overall?

Would 3-betting the flop have been better? Calling a cap there if needed then lead the turn and fold to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting the flop and leading the turn would have been complete spew. If you had played it this way folding to a turn raise with your gutter and overcards would be terrible. Call the flop raise, call the turn getting almost 9:1 and see a river card.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:32 PM

well, you cant give yourself any consolation on the OC draws; one of your opponents likely holds a K-crap or A-crap, and has paired his crap on the board already. This allows 3 outs on the OC. Your straight draw may be to the nuts, but it may simply split the pot, or even be a lesser straight. 3 outs max. so, 6 mx, and probably 5, as another poster said...basically, you're just leaking bets here.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, you cant give yourself any consolation on the OC draws; one of your opponents likely holds a K-crap or A-crap, and has paired his crap on the board already. This allows 3 outs on the OC. Your straight draw may be to the nuts, but it may simply split the pot, or even be a lesser straight. 3 outs max. so, 6 mx, and probably 5, as another poster said...basically, you're just leaking bets here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is getting 8.75:1 on his call. With implied he could call this with as few as 4.5 outs.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 overs, a BDFD and gutshot. Gotta take on here right?

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'm a bit confused...BDFD is Back Door Flush Draw? You don't have that on the turn.

I'm not ready to put villian on a set just yet. 2-pair, unlikely without reads. An agressive flush draw, maybe. 2 overs similar to yours(AK, AQ) also possible. UTG+1 seems to being drawing or flopped the monster.

I think you have to discount some of your outs, but have enough to look at the river.

U/I on the river, if a brick hits, I'd check fold if UTG calls...but might be tempted to call down if UTG folds, but I call too much on river.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:54 PM

I gave him 6 outs, but even at 5, getting nearly 10 - 1, I think he can see the river.