Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 12:07 PM

Default AQs flop decision

2+2 table, but at this point in the game, I'm not sure who they are, since it's a public table and it started recently. The first 2+2er to show had folded on the flop, so I may be just with the party players now.

--------

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls...

-------

Here's the notes I put in my poker tracker notes on this hand:

-I should have re-raised preflop.

-With 4.5 outs and 8.5:1 pot odds, this isn't such a bad call, considering I should be able to get a little action later. However, it could be re-raised behind me, which would suck.

-I'm a little curious if this was a good opportunity to try to buy outs with my overcards by three-betting. The remaining players in the hand (BB and UTG) would have to face two cold if I called, but the pot would be pretty big. If I raised that would give them incentive to bugger off. BUT, it could be capped behind me if I did that and I can't count on a free river card.

So...

Question 1) Re-raise this pf? (I think the answer is yes... I'm damn sure it is, actually, but I've taken a little break from limit recently, so I'm a bit rusty.)

Question 2) Who here 3-bets the flop? Does anyone fold?

BTW, entity, thanks for coming out. I knew you were a 2+2er since you were playing at the lagfest at the same time and I was watching that table... at this table, I noticed that you were playing well post-flop and winning a whole ton of pots.

--Dave.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: AQs flop decision

Fold the flop.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:13 PM

haha hope you hit that bdfd
Old 04-23-2005, 12:16 PM

Cold calls are for wimps.

I fold the flop. Especially since it's two back to you.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:16 PM

Without reads at a .5/1 table i think a reraise in position is OK preflop, but not necessarily THE play to make, though I could certainly be wrong. On the flop, I think a three bet certainly gets capped and have a feeling CO has a similar big suited ace, possibly with spades, which hampers your chances of winning to the point where folding is my play.

where's this table?
Old 04-23-2005, 12:18 PM

I think 3-betting the flop is better than calling. I'd probably fold though. I would've 3-bet PF. Let's build a pot.

Rob
Old 04-23-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i.e. discount my outs for the AQ overcards because some of them are going to be spades and it'll be expensive to find out where I stand?
Old 04-23-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i.e. discount my outs for the AQ overcards because some of them are going to be spades and it'll be expensive to find out where I stand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And you might be reverse dominated as well.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think 3-betting the flop is better than calling. I'd probably fold though. I would've 3-bet PF. Let's build a pot.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Rob,

Agreed re: 3bpf.

Since I'm definitely not comfortable raising here, I'd rather fold. Probably a smaller mistake than raising...
Old 04-23-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and everything Shadow said. I think giving yourself 4.5 outs is very generous here.