Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Spatial Intelligence

A few years ago I took a state based IQ test which took a few days to complete. No, I'm not a genius. I really wish I was though. That would be pretty cool.

However, on the spatial intelligence part of the test, I scored in the top one percentile. The test did not calculate past the one percentile so I don't know where I lie within that range (1/300, 1/225, 1/7000, etc.).

At the time I really didn't know what spatial intelligence was, nor did I really know how to apply this new found given ability in spatial reasoning to life. All that I knew was that my spatial intelligence allowed me to manipulate objects better than other people, which I didn't know about until taking this test.

I've never really pursued researching the significance of spatial intelligence, but probably should, because maybe if I knew how to apply my ability I would be leading a different life right now. I did some research on google about what spatial intelligence is and its importance, but everything seemed pretty vague. Anything that wasn't vague was in big words that are over my head.

Is there anything I should be doing about this that I'm not?
Old 08-05-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Spatial Intelligence

You'd probably make a ton as a taxi driver. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 02:34 AM

I've heard that for some reason men tend to do better in these spatial exercises than women. Things like being able to see in your mind what a 3-D object will look like if you flip it horizontally and turn it 90 degrees to the left. It seems believable, but I have no proof - it's just what I've heard.

-w.a.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:23 AM

Computational Geometry (it's a hard field to look up, but Voronoi diagrams and the Delaunay triangulation are some of the more intuitive concepts that people have nice web pages on) and/or Computer Graphics, off the top of my head.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:33 AM

Google has a ton of stuff. (Who whoulda guessed?)

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...l+intelligence