Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Green Valley Ranch Poker Room

Has anyone been to the Green Valley Ranch poker room? If so, what games are spread and what did you think of the room? I read there are 11-tables, so is there a long wait to get a seat?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Green Valley Ranch Poker Room

http://allvegaspoker.com/room_33.html
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 PM

I was there last night, they had 2-4 and 4-8 limit with a half kill. And probably a small no limit (red chips)
They did not have omaha, contrary to AVP reports. Their reason was that all the old omaha players stayed at Sunset Station.
They also have one of the highest rakes, 10 percent up to 4 bucks, plus a jackpot drop.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:21 PM

I played there last night as well. 2+2er Khern & I were in the same $6-12 (1/2 kill $10-20). He was the one who kept going after my blinds in the $10-20 pots :-)

2+2er's Photoc, Drew on Tilt & Drummer were in a $4-8 and 2+2er Space Ace was in a $1 &2 no-limit. They also had a $2 & 5 no-limit going last night as well (and some 2-4 limit).

I've been there about 5 times. The rake is a tad high but I like the Lucille'e BBQ right next door. In fact, about 18 of us 2+2ers ended up going to BBQ after poker last night.

The GVR poker room is always pretty full when I've been in there.

btw, We were going to go back over to GVR for a Magoo game after dinner but they told us they did not have enough dealers AND they had a LONG waiting list.

We called Excalibur and they were happy to set up a Magoo game for us. It's double wheel spins at Excalibur right now and one lucky 2+2er (Photoc/I Love Tipping Threads) spun for $400 when his AA lost to Space Ace's Flush. WTG Photoc!

Anyway, GVR is okay if you are down there but the rake sucks!
FWIW, All the grumpy locals at Palace Station are complaining about the Palace Station rake hike. It (Palace) is still lower then GVR!

Best of Luck

Howard