Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 09:47 PM

Default 77 - Is this too aggro or just fine?

I've been dabbling in 5/10 full lately, anything I should know about this game different from 3/6?

Anyway, How'd I play this hand? Villain is 50/5/.5 no reads on the others. Specifically, should I just let it go on the flop and should I value bet this river?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

River: (7.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Thanks.

-Criag
Old 03-12-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: 77 - Is this too aggro or just fine?

Seems ok since he's uberloose. Would he bet a lot of flops if checked to? I see him calling down a lot here with mid pair or something. What do you do if the river is a club? Bet/fold?

I heard that 5/10 can be the tightest limit on Party (but not on weekends). This is from another 2+2er whom I respect greatly.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:39 PM

(I've never played 5/10 to fwiw
I wouldn't do this alot but I like it against this loose player. I'm real curious to know the result of this one.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:12 PM

Yeah river club plan was to bet/fold. He showed KQo. Thanks for the help. I also heard from another respected poster that 5/10 full ring was fine and he spent a considerable amount of time there. (I don't remember who it was though)

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:10 AM

At first glance I'd bet this river, but thinking it over its very close and I'd probably check/call. I think there is a decent range of hands that beat you that a passive Villain will check behind on this river (QT and below, 88/99). In addition, a club draw that missed isn't going to call you, unless he paired up. had the river been a non-A or 5, I think it swings to a bet, but the river A just improves too many hands that you were ahead of that described Villain could conceivably hold given PF/flop/turn action.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:29 AM

How many hands did you have on villian?

The reason I ask is that a guy with a .50 postflop AF isn't likely to bet the flop with 2nd or 3rd pair (or a flush draw)...if the read is firm and he's betting, he's probably got at least TP. That makes me lean towards folding.

Against an unknown, I check the river and expect a free showdown (AQ would've shown more aggression on prior streets, and any other Q will be scared of the A). If he does bet, I'll call against an aggressive player who might bluff a busted flush (although you run the risk of a busted A-high flush draw beating you).
Old 03-13-2005, 01:41 AM

It's a small pot, IMO it's not worth it. Also, anyone with a flush draw isn't going anywhere.

Let's look at the math: pot is 5.4 SB, assume you accomplish what you want and isolate the villian. You're investing 6SB if you raise/bet all the way thru to win 8.4 SB assuming the villian calls your raise, calls the turn, and folds the river. Even if he calls the river your getting less than 2:1 on your semibluff working.

The combination of the above math and the fact that the non-aggro villian bets the flop makes this an easy fold. I think you could bet if checked to you however.