Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Crazy Hand

This hand came up a few months ago and I figured I'd post it for kicks. I know I played this bad but that's not really why I'm posting it (though feel free to post your opinions of the play).

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (16.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises $1.5 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (25.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 37.75 BB

Anyone wanna guess what my opponents had?
Old 01-04-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Crazy Hand

Fold the turn.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:16 PM

Definitely would nowadays. This was an old hand (well, old for me) and I wasn't playing as optimally as I should back then [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2005, 04:16 PM

preflop: did you have a read that MP2 was LAG, and were trying to isolate? otherwise i don't like the 3bet

flop: that LAG read on MP2 looks better now(if you had it), that he cold-called 3preflop, and check/capped the flop .. I'm not sure what my play is from here on out .. without some info on how they play

I doubt your straight is good

just a guess

MP2 junk hand that totally missed the flop
CO TT
button K3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2005, 04:23 PM

Wow, I think you got yourself trapped pretty good... You have 10 outs to improve (2 nines, 4 7s, and 4 Qs), so getting 27.5:3 (9ish:1) after the cap looks okay numerically. But you can't possibly be convinced all your outs are clean... Best case scenario is that you're up against AA and JJ, giving you 8 outs, worst case you're up against Ad Kd and some Q, giving you 3 outs. But you only need 6 outs to make this call decent, so let's pretend you have them.

The only way this turn could be worse is if it was the Ad... you now need to discount your Q outs because a lone K has the better straight. You're getting 20.25:1.5, or 13.5:1 here, so I guess you're trapped again. But honestly, I think you have 3 outs (the 7s), giving you 44:3 or not quite enough to win.

River you hit the sucker straight, and call two cold twice... I'd have to think that CO or Button has the K. Calling the raise you need to win 1 in 15 times, assuming no cap. With the cap, you need to be good 1 in 19 times... I guess those count as crying calls.

To answer your question:
I think CO has Ad Kd and Button has QQ or KK. Not so sure about MP2... I never know how to read people who go all-in on party.

And my opinion:
betting the flop is good, but I would fold when it's 3 back to me. I know it's possible to win that pot, but outside of 3 of the 7s I don't know what cards I'd want to see on the board.

Lastly, a disclaimer:
As I hit the "post" button, I am aware of how weak this advice seems. I stand by my "fold to the flop cap" statement, but would like others to either back me up or point out why I'm dumb.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:55 PM

Default RESULTS (Or: Why I posted this in the first place)

Well if I wasn't screwed on the flop I was definitely boned when that Ace fell. I'll post results when I get off work tonight, but they're interesting to say the least [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Disregard \"RESULTS\" cuz they\'re not there!

Oops, was going to post results before I realized I couldn't (since I'm at work and forget what each player had). I'll post tonite when I get off work.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:21 PM

Default THE ACTUAL RESULTS FOR REAL

Oops on that last post. Anyway here are the results:

Final Pot: 37.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP2 has As Ad (three of a kind, aces).
Hero has 9s 9h (straight, queen high).
CO has Jc Jh (three of a kind, jacks).
Button has Kc Kd (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins 37.75 BB. </font>

Look at those hands!! Crazy! On the flop the Jacks were ahead, then the aces on the turn and finally the kings on the river to take down the massive pot.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: THE ACTUAL RESULTS FOR REAL

That site is sooooo obviously rigged.

-Jaran