Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Just a lame PF question.

1/2 on Party. Table has been very loose-passive PF. 4-5 to every flop. I've raised to 12 after several limpers with AQs on an earlier hand and 2 people called and folded to a turn bet by me on a raggedy board. Anyways, UTG folds, UTG+1 limps. The hand before this UTG+1 limped and then called $6 more after a BB raise with 74o. So his limp means any two. It's folded to me in MP. 3 people plus the blinds left to act. There is a poster in the CO.

OK, all that said. What range of hands would you limp/raise here. I raised a hand that I normally stay away from, but given this information, I decided to try it out.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Just a lame PF question.

AT+
KQ+
TT+

I raise more that that, but I raise a lot and steal a lot.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AT+
KQ+
TT+

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised ATo and wondered if that was just silly.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AT+
KQ+
TT+

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in position, its gravy. i wouldnt do it oop though. im also talking about 6max. also being good postflop is important if you want to raise stuff like this. if youre check folding when you dont make top pair its not a good idea.

btw i assume youre kyro69?
Old 09-07-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AT+
KQ+
TT+

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in position, its gravy. i wouldnt do it oop though. im also talking about 6max. also being good postflop is important if you want to raise stuff like this. if youre check folding when you dont make top pair its not a good idea.

btw i assume youre kyro69?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. And I'm talking full ring. There was still 2 + poster + blinds left to act.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's folded to me in MP. 3 people plus the blinds left to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the full cash game you describe, in MP with 5 more to act, I'd raise any pocket pair 77 or higher, ATs, AJs, AQs, AKo and AKs, but I'd fold suited connectors and 1 or 2 gappers (but raise if my position was just a couple of seats better with any of those suited connectors or 1-2 gappers). I'd limp with pocket pairs 66 or lower. I'd also limp with AJo, AQo, suited broadway cards without an ace (KJs, KQs, QJs, etc.), but not ATo. I'm folding ATo mostly because I've lost a lot of money playing ATo badly as I learned to play no limit. As a result, I treat ATo like a bad luck hand. If I was going to play it here because I was more mature (and less superstitious) about my poker game, I'd limp like I would with AJo. FWIW, I'll raise all of these limping hands in the CO or on the button when folded to me (even small pp's and ATo, bad memories or not [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

In this MP position, I'd fold everything else.

If I do raise, I will raise about the same amount everytime (~4xBB+1/limper) with the exception that opening a pot with a raise out of position (like UTG), I'll usually go for 5xBB to set myself up with a tad bit more clout for my continuation bet on a flop that looks good to bet at whether I hit it or not - which is most flops.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:51 PM

well then im not so sure that its a good idea. i havent played a 10 handed game in forever, so i havent been in a situation like that in a long time.

thats what i love about 6max, its hard to make preflop mistakes unless youre coldcalling raises with trash OOP. so i raise AT most of the time there, but here i dont know what to do.