Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 10:53 PM

Default 10th and 9th finishes - help

Normal or not. I think that this is normal and not real worried YET!

I play live in a poker league. I usually come in at third or above. Monday night I was retired by a drunk that plays junk too much and when I made my move I was drawn out on. Thats poker, and I had the best of it. Tonight I entered two 10 place sit and go's and the first one I was first out with AA which I bet to the river on a non threatening board and someone caught two pair to my unimproved aces. The second game was with known players except a guy to my left. I had a strong hand and bet it up with this guy and lost the hand.

I have an image that gives me the ability to represent hands I do not have. Now I don't know for sure if I over played these hands because of my degree of success or if it was just the cards. I usually play tight and wait for those magical moments to play. The time on the blinds was shortened this week and I may be over adjusting.

Keep playing and not question my play more than normal or should I take a long hard look at my play?

I struggle with online play but have found improvement of late both with internet play and live play. I think that it comes from playing both. I like live play because I have time to think and am able to get more info from the table. Good idea to play both or not??????
Old 10-04-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: 10th and 9th finishes - help

It is poker... sometimes you lose... even when you play perfectly.

Always examine your play... there is always something to learn or improve on.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: 10th and 9th finishes - help

[ QUOTE ]
I struggle with online play but have found improvement of late both with internet play and live play.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are playing correctly online play should be easy to beat at low limits. If you aren't playing as optimally as you can, you can examine the games you played and fix the mistakes after the fact. Your live game will improve as a result of this analysis.

Play both, live play is fun and social.