Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 02:48 AM

Default In BB with 3 others, value bet this river?

The opponent were all LPs, definitely not the best card to come out. Should I be betting the river?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (12 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
Old 01-27-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: In BB with 3 others, value bet this river?

You're not value betting the river. You're betting into trips/flush. Slow down.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:00 AM

dude you gotta value bet that shizzle. have you seen the hands Party players are willing to call down with? this aint no 20/40, this is a mad easy value bet against players who will call with as little as Q high in this spot. I call the raise too.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:04 AM

Sykes, I've read over some of your posts, and they seem to be pretty weak-tight advice. I think you would do well to pick up Small Stakes Hold'em if you haven't, or read it through again if you have.

This is a definite value bet, worse hands will call all the time at these limits. Watching this river get checked through would be an absolute disaster.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sykes, I've read over some of your posts, and they seem to be pretty weak-tight advice. I think you would do well to pick up Small Stakes Hold'em if you haven't, or read it through again if you have.

This is a definite value bet, worse hands will call all the time at these limits. Watching this river get checked through would be an absolute disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read SSHE twice. That still doesn't change the fact that they usually have the flush when it hits.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've read SSHE twice. That still doesn't change the fact that they usually have the flush when it hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think that too until I started doing more calling on the end after reading SSHE. I have found that the opposite is more likely.