Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 02:47 PM

Default So how have things changed over the last year?

Back late last year, I was playing a ton of limit poker (mostly 5/10 shorthanded) on Party/Empire, and occasionally doing the no-limit or tournie thang.

Haven't played since December, though. Idly thinking about getting back into the action, but I'm curious as to how things may have changed.

Does Party/Empire still have the fishiest tables, or has it been around so long that that's where all the vets hang out? Any new sites out there that are just as good?

Have we continued to get an influx of new players due to the poker boom -- i.e., is play as good or better than it was last year?

Inquiring minds want to know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-17-2004, 08:22 PM

Default Re: So how have things changed over the last year?

Why don't you read a few posts - or use the search function - there are only about 500 posts on these topics.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2004, 08:29 PM

Things are very similar right now to this time last year.

How we got there is more than I can be bothered to explain right now I'm afraid, but numbers are slightly up now on this time last year.

Lori
Old 08-17-2004, 09:04 PM

As you can see, people here on 2+2 are just as cranky as one year ago.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:16 PM

Well - Party has NEVER had the fishiest tables so I'm not sure ow to answer.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:01 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

in other news, 2+2 = 5
Old 08-18-2004, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in other news, 2+2 = 5

[/ QUOTE ]

Daryn's avatar is different. That's a change.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:30 AM

Default You guys are just a font of information :)

I can see that, Madspoker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Thanks, Lori . . . and, dogmeat, any suggested search terms you'd like to give me? I didn't see anything in the first thirty or forty subjects in Internet Gambling, so yes, god forbid, I decided to just come right out and ask . . .

So I'll give some more specific follow-ups:

1) When I was playing back then, a lot (most?) 2+2'ers were playing at least some at Party for non-tournies, and Pokerstars for tournies. There were some Ultimate Bet players, players for some other sites, of course, but those two were the biggies. Are they still the biggies, or have other sites overtaken them?

2) I'm not optimistic enough to ask a second question right now, as I'm crossing my fingers that the first gets answered . . . but yeah, if anyone has fifteen minutes to tell me how the landscape has changed (or not) over the last year, I'd be extraordinarily grateful. It does sound like there's been enough of an influx of newbies to keep the game profitable, though, correct?
Old 08-19-2004, 10:36 AM

Default Tryin\' one more time . . .

I'll give this thread a single, lonely *bump* -- 369 views, 7 comments, and only 1 that actually attempts to address the question [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. (Well, it's good to confirm that people are as cranky as ever, I suppose!)
Old 08-19-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Re: You guys are just a font of information :)

[ QUOTE ]
I can see that, Madspoker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Thanks, Lori . . . and, dogmeat, any suggested search terms you'd like to give me? I didn't see anything in the first thirty or forty subjects in Internet Gambling, so yes, god forbid, I decided to just come right out and ask . . .

So I'll give some more specific follow-ups:

1) When I was playing back then, a lot (most?) 2+2'ers were playing at least some at Party for non-tournies, and Pokerstars for tournies. There were some Ultimate Bet players, players for some other sites, of course, but those two were the biggies. Are they still the biggies, or have other sites overtaken them?

2) I'm not optimistic enough to ask a second question right now, as I'm crossing my fingers that the first gets answered . . . but yeah, if anyone has fifteen minutes to tell me how the landscape has changed (or not) over the last year, I'd be extraordinarily grateful. It does sound like there's been enough of an influx of newbies to keep the game profitable, though, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your question needs to be focused and narrowed considerably. A comprehensive answer to your question would take about a week to write.

Furthermore, I still cannot tell what type of information you really are looking for.

Generally, the traffic at all the sites you are familiar is way up. Tourneys every hour of the day, sit-n-go's galore, tons of ring games, lots of fish, nice weather, unlimited basket of steak fries, good bonuses ... lousy live support.

Please, ask more direct questions.

I think i hate you.