Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Pat Robertson: \"Don\'t ask for God\'s help, cause he don\'t like you\"

http://www.wgal.com/news/5297399/detail.html

On the OTHER side of the fence, away from Kansas, the residents of Dover, PA decided they wanted their kids to have a standard education based on SCIENCE and not the flying spaghetti monster, so they voted OUT their entire school board.

Pat's Response?

I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: If there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected him from your city. And don't wonder why he hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for his help because he might not be there."

I just love that Christianity - it just feels so charitable and so much in the spirit of love - how could I not become a Christian when I can shake my fist and say "God doesn't care about you now cause you don't support my agenda"

How this numbnut has any credibility left is beyond me.

RB
Old 11-11-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Pat Robertson: \"Don\'t ask for God\'s help, cause he don\'t like you\"

Because we all know that Pat Robertson speaks for all Christians...
Old 11-11-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Pat Robertson: \"Don\'t ask for God\'s help, cause he don\'t like you\"

sadly enough, that would be the reaction of the majority of the religious right, those who have forgotten the one part of the bible most pertinent to what America REALLY stands for "Judge not, lest ye be judged first."

if they're right, and they get interviewed in heaven, I cant wait to see the look on their faces when god opens that part of the good book.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:29 AM

Pat Robertson-making Christians cringe with embarrassment everywhere. Seriously, this guy belongs in the medieval period.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:31 AM

I just told my mom about it (I started cracking up on the phone and she asked why) and she said some naughty words.

Of course, she's not one of the fire and brimstone christians, shes a very nonjudgmental catholic.

He just set them back a hundred years... god.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:33 AM

The people of Dover, PA are carrying out God's will by accepting that we please Him when we explore His creation and the methods behind His creation in a rational and intellectual manner.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:34 AM

they certainly dont mind letting him do it - I see no condemnation by other Christian leaders -

Christ - Pat has so much dirty laundry he could probably be indicted - shady business deals overseas - complete xenophobic attitude even towards other demoninations who call themselves Christian - - Greg Palast has done some great investigative work -

http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=49&row=2

definately worth a read - Greg is one of the best investigative journalists in the world, and because he's not from the US, he doesn't have to be a pussy and kowtow to all the media corporations who have put stories on back burners for profits rather then for the truth.

RB
Old 11-11-2005, 01:01 AM

Absolutely certain now that you are my favorite poster.

I cant wait to let this accidentally get printed out and sent to my dad and stepmom's house... they donate to CBN.

Course, most likely they'll just ignore it as "bleeding heart liberal propaganda.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:13 AM

What happens to the money televangelists take in? If you think Pat Robertson is questionable, you should see the mess going on the past week at TBN. They had a "praiseathon" to raise money. But how much do they take in and where does it go? Are these people ever audited? Give to tbn and God will bless you. Does that mean you won't be blessed if you give to a Charity other than theirs? This was the most distored view of Christianity I have ever seen.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they certainly dont mind letting him do it - I see no condemnation by other Christian leaders

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet we expect Muslim leaders to ....