Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 07:53 PM

Default QQ with alot of scare cards

Hello all,

utg no read,MP1 TA-N,MP2 sla-a,CO no read.

I think i made a mistake how i played the hand.
What you guys think?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (23.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 27.50 BB

Tx
Old 06-26-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: QQ with alot of scare cards

Wow. What an odd hand.

Anyway, after I raise, I'm not very happy when the flop gets 3-bet and capped behind me by non-maniacs. Everyone seems to love their hand. Sure, the board is draw-heavy, but I kind of worry someone's raising a set.

UTG+1's turn raise certainly doesn't cheer me up, but at least MP1 decided to slow down.

And I guess somehow CO may have made it to the river with a 6? Did he have Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something? Was he slowplaying the whole way with a hand like TT? Was the river bet a desperation stab versus multiple opponents with bust or a hand like 22?

One thing I might've done differently is check the turn, with the intention of calling one back to me but not two.

I don't know. When multiple opponents show a lot of strength, I don't seem to win very often with an overpair. But if the table had a tendency towards occasional wildness, then I start liking your chances better.

I'm not really sure what's best on the turn, actually.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:38 AM

You played it fine. In this big pot, there is no place where we can really protect QQ.

I call down the river expecting to lose, but the pot is big enough to where we will only need to win a very small percentage of the time (4%) to show a profit.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:46 AM

Wow, an odd hand.

PF and flop: standard. Getting it capped behind you on the flop has to make you want to vomit, but you call anyways.

Turn: I like the lead out to try to get UTG+1 to raise it here to give you some semblance of protection for your hand. Do you call 2 more back to you? I wouldn't.

River. Check, call, and cry.

NH
Old 06-27-2005, 01:00 AM

I don't understand what the turn bet accomplishes.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:03 AM

I really hate the turn bet.