Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 11:25 AM

Default Which sites?

Hi

I'm new to poker and SNG's but have found out (the hard way) that SNG is my game compared to fixed(cash?) games.

I've been playing on Party Poker and like it there but I'm curious if there are any other sites with good SNG tables?

The reasons I like PP is that there are many players there and the tables get filled really quick. I also enjoy the software ... have only tried Pacific and Gaming Club.

The competition is not the toughest either, I think I better add since I'm a rookie :-).

What other sites do you recomend? Or is Party the best place to be if I want to play SNG?
Old 12-08-2004, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Which sites?

I like UB a little better, but it's mainly b/c I prefer the slower blind structure. I know a lot of the posters in this forum prefer Party b/c the faster blind structure and less starting chips means quicker ending sitngo's (meaning more $/hr for winning players).

I'm still fairly noob myself, so maybe that is why I like the comfort of the slower blinds/more starting chips.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like UB a little better, but it's mainly b/c I prefer the slower blind structure. I know a lot of the posters in this forum prefer Party b/c the faster blind structure and less starting chips means quicker ending sitngo's (meaning more $/hr for winning players).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. You might like the UB SnGs better. The slower blinds allow people to play tighter and that also helps to reduce the variance and crazy play. There are a lot of options for UB SnGs, like at Party (buy-in's, number of players, etc.), and the tables fill up fairly quickly but not so much that you can't get a seat easily. It's all a matter of personal preference, though...might be worth giving a shot. PokerStars might also be a good option for you.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:24 PM

Thank you for the answers.

Not so familiar with the language, UB = Ultimate Bet?

b/c = because?

I like the crazy style on Party, some maniacs disapear quick and hopefully I have their chips ... but not always :-)