Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 04:45 AM

Default A couple of 4/8 hands ...

The table is a typical juicy 4/8. Very laggy. People are showing down 73o for rivered 2 pair. All kinds of wacky stuff. There are a couple of players who I believe are solid. One of them is in this hand to the river.

Hand 1:
I'm in the big blind with 8c5c. It's raised by a middle position player. We go to the flop 7 handed for 2 bets each.

Flop is AcJc6s. Checked to me and I check. An earlier position player bets. Called to me and I call. 5 players to the turn which is:

AcJc6s Qd

Action is same as flop except it's 4 handed now.

River:

AcJc6s Qd 6c

It's on me and I check. The early position player bets and now the guy who I think is pretty solid pauses and contemplates the board for a few seconds and then raises.

What's my play?

Hand 2:
I have red aces in the cutoff. We go to the flop 8 handed for 2 bets each (I'm the raiser).

Flop:

789 rainbow.

Checked to a middle position player who bets (he's the other player I think is solid - the two solids are friends. I believe the guy from the previous hand is better then this guy). The guy on my right raises and I 3-bet. An early position checker calls 3 cold. The initial bettor caps. The guy on my right calls. What should I do?

Thanks,

-DP

P.S. what is "fold equity"?
Old 08-20-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Re: A couple of 4/8 hands ...

fold hand 1, he either has a better flush or a boat.

i dont like your flop 3-bet there, you are destroyed right now and probably need runners. the pot is huuuge so it's not bad to call the cap. fold the turn if it's not an ace.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:54 AM

hand 1 i call, hand 2 i call
Old 08-20-2005, 07:43 AM

Check raise the flop in hand 1 assuming there are 3 in between you and the bettor. Call the river raise.
Hand 2 call and reevaluate on the turn.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:36 PM

wacky : This is a funny word.

Hand 1: I'm weak-tight so I fold preflop and play Tetris on my phone. But on this river, if EP seems genuinely upset by the raise, then I call and close the action. But if the pause on the river denotes that raiser was thinking about how sure he's beat, then his raise is a higher flush or A6s.

Hand 2: Call the flop cap. With a non-straight turn card, nothing wrong to raise for a free showdown on the river. Fold if two bets to you again.