Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Blind defense hand posting

Villain seems like an averege player after one orbit.
My ideá preflop was that I'd probably have an the best hand if an ace fell and would increase my chanses of bluffing him otherwise (I've never done this before with just AT).
On the flop I thought I'd raise him for freecard and possible fold, since most people seem to bluff in theese situations.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 10-17-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Blind defense hand posting

I'm a big fan of call/call/call in these situations. I might raise to mix it up every now and then but I have to have a better read on the player to do this.

do micro limit players get aggressive enough here with no pair? I haven't played in these games in a while
Old 10-17-2005, 03:09 PM

I think the check on the turn is basically telling him you don't have the K. If it's me I bet the turn and you can probably safely fold a raise. The way you played it I think you have to call him down.

BTW, I think this is a good pf play against an average player who you think may be stealing. In fact this is close to my default play.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:11 PM

My comments are based on when I play 2/4 so I guess maybe this is off for .5/1. Why do you have a call down line here? I'm thinking that many players will fold to a raise without the K on the flop here.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:41 PM

nh. we could fold a weak pocket pair or a bluff (as we too are on a bluff) but we sure could have 6 full outs to win.

don't bet that turn (at least if i'm villain) because that King: i'm check/raising a 9 possibly, but i'm sure not folding it. it follows the same thinking: the 2nd king makes it less likely you have one.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:42 PM

i think you have to keep up the aggression and bet the turn.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain seems like an averege player after one orbit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I knew what you meant by that. What style do you expect out of him? The answer to this question is more important than how I would have played it. Heads up blind confrontations are much more about the player than it is about the specific cards you have. What I see here is that you've got a decent ace offsuit ace against an unknown raiser.

I would tend to just call preflop and raise most flops (except if an ace falls, in which case I'm WA/WB). I'm happy to give up quickly until I have a better read on vilain, because most villains don't play their small blind aggressively with weak hands.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My comments are based on when I play 2/4 so I guess maybe this is off for .5/1. Why do you have a call down line here? I'm thinking that many players will fold to a raise without the K on the flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is probably true, and I have to raise hands like this sometimes because I raise 6's and 9's as well. but I find that if they have a hand like 78 or A5 or whatever then I sometimes get 3-bet, or stop and go'd, or checkraised and it puts me in a tougher spot than just letting them bluff their money off cause they almost always fire two more barrels.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:30 PM

nh. imo the river call is a given. do you call with A high? I would.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you have to keep up the aggression and bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
why?