Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 03:49 AM

Default SDM is a degenerate gambler (aka Yet another SDM hand)

It's time for a SDM hand - to raise or not to raise that is the question. (Beer I didn't know whether this was a good spot to raise or not)

5th and 7th are the ones I'm not sure about, should I have raised 5th and called 7th?

I welcome your criticism - gracias!

---------------------------------------

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (7.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds

5th Street - (6.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street - (10.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

River - (10.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

Total pot: (14.00 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $53.50 | Rake: $2.50

<font color="white">
Seat 3: [ 4h Qh 9s Qc 8h Ks Qd ] [ three of a kind, queens -- Ks,Qh,Qc,Qd,9s ]

Hero: [ Ad Td 8d Th Jd Kc Kd ] [ a flush, ace high -- Ad,Kd,Jd,Td,8d ]</font>
Old 10-02-2005, 03:59 AM

Default Re: SDM is a degenerate gambler (aka Yet another SDM hand)

It looks good to me, I guess you're wandering about overcalls on the river. I myself, go ahead and raise because at this level, some douches will call two. There is a good case for either though
Old 10-02-2005, 04:03 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
It looks good to me, I guess you're wandering about overcalls on the river. I myself, go ahead and raise because at this level, some douches will call two. There is a good case for either though

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I often find flushes tricky to play on the river because I see some people just go nuts and raise the roof with them and end up only getting action from boats.

So I didn't know whether flushes were that valuable on 7th to raise with, because of overcalls from boats.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:06 AM

No one even has a pair on their board. Don't be afraid of the FH
Old 10-02-2005, 10:56 AM

Raise 4th!! Failing that raise 5th. I think the river raise is correct.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:01 PM

This looks fine. Whether or not to raise the river depends on your assessment of how likely the guys behind you are to call two bets cold. Given the general lack of action in this hand, I would guess that you will usually make more money by going for over-calls.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:09 PM

I would raise fourth - you may need to depend on those tens later on, together with a little extra help. If so, there are way to many opponents currently in the hand - try to drive some out. If the flush comes home, and you make the pot bigger now, then thats good too.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:16 PM

I would be more enthusiastic about raising fourth if Aces and Tens were live.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:28 PM

I like raising 5th to get the others to make a mistake. I think the river is close. I raise. But that makes me swear a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2005, 04:22 PM

I think I would raise fifth, so that I could have more chance of winning with kings or aces up. If the others decide to come along, then that's fine. If I got it heads up on fifth, I would bet sixth with so many outs.

The river is difficult. If you put the others on pair hands, then the overcall is good because they will often call one bet with two pair or even a big pair. If you think they are drawing then raise because they will call two cold with a worse made hand. I slightly lean towards the overcall in the cold light of day, but I think I would have hit the raise button before the thought kicked in.