Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Advice on WTSD, W$SD

Having just moved up in limit from 5/10 to 10/20, I notice already after only a small number of hands in comparison to those I have played at 5/10 that there are many more loose players than at 5/10. I had a decent winrate at 5/10 (around the 1.5BB/100 mark 8-tabling), so I was fairly confident I could win moving up, at a smaller winrate even I thought this was definately a +EV move.

I have hit a break-even stretch/downswing since moving up. I know I am making mistakes in some hands, however, I also know that this is an incredible run of bad luck. I have gone over my hands over and over again, and some hands where I have lost a lot I would play the same way. The point I am trying to get across is that I feel this downswing is the usual one of bad luck and not one of not being able to adjust to the different dynamics of 10/20.

I am after some feedback on what is the normal WTSD/W$SD at this limit for previous/current full ring players or even 9-maxers. At 5/10 I think my stats were something like 31.5/57. Since moving up I recognise there will probably be more heads-up pots, so I expected at the very least a slight increase in the WTSD. At the moment my stats are at 33/52, however the sample size is very small, so I don't think this is because of a leak, purely a downswing. Just interested for future reference for when I do get a substantial sized-DB to compare.

Thanks guys in advance.