Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Zone alaram Problems

Anyone ever have problems with ZA? I keep getting kicked off the net. I have no Idea Why. Anyone have any Ideas to help?

I used system restore went back 4 days. Uninstalled ZA reinstalled it. I just keeep getting kicked of the net.

Help please!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Zone alaram Problems

I use ZA and i have no problems. Try sygate maybe?
Old 01-10-2005, 09:33 PM

Have you tried just surfing the net without ZoneAlarm enabled? It sounds like ZA is blocking something that it shouldn't. Try that and at least confirm that it is ZA that is causing the problems.

When you set up Zone Alarm, how do you configure the Internet access permissions? I think there are two options. One is to accept the default settings, and the other is to have ZA prompt you whenever a program tries to access the internet. If you set it up this way and launch PartyPoker, you will get a message balloon that says something like "PartyPoker.exe is trying to access the Internet, allow?" with the option to always allow that program Internet access in the future.

If you choose the second option, it is a bit of a pain at first but allows for greater control.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:04 PM

I read that ZA 5.x was glitchy (not sure if it was specific to SP2 or not), and when it first came out a lot of people switched back to 4.5.x. so I've stuck with 4.5. if you want it you can find it googling without too much trouble (or at least a couple months ago, I could). to be specific I have 4.5.594.000. if you just search 4.5 I expect it's out there. I don't seem to have any problems at all.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:12 PM

Get rid of ZoneAlarm and buy yourself an external firewall/HD.
Offers better protection then ZoneAlarm, and you can backup important files such as your pokertracker DB incease your computer takes a dump and you lose everything.