Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 07:05 AM

Default \"Trendy \"lag hand 10 20

6 handed 10/20nl I have played pretty much with the villain starting from the 3 6 days, this is first time I play 10 20 against him.
He is solid, but maybe little tilty today or for some other reason has played and bluffed with hands like 53s, 75 today.
Back in 3/6nl I played very agressive(stupid) now I have played more solid.

Villain has $1900 and I cover.

Villain opens utg $80, others fold and I call on BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I check, villain bets $120 and I call.
Turn is 3 I check, villain bets $300 and I raise to $900..... [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: \"Trendy \"lag hand 10 20

Just fold preflop, you're out of position with an easily dominated hand calling a 4x BB raise from UTG. This all adds up to an easy fold.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:43 PM

I agree, fold preflop. Even you had AT/AJ in this spot, I would not be thrilled to call a 4x BB raise. I think your turn raise is likely to be called, since villain probably does not put you on exactly T9 or a set. A set would have raised the flop to protect their hand. The 3 doesn't look like it helped your hand, so it's a pretty tranparent bluff/semi-bluff. But since you raised a goodly amount, I think there is quite a bit of fold equity there where he might fold overpairs, and surely AK.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:23 PM

A 4xBB raise is standard in cash games, why are you guys emphasizing this fact? The raise is from an apparently tilty player, who Hero knows well, in a 6 handed game.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A 4xBB raise is standard in cash games, why are you guys emphasizing this fact? The raise is from an apparently tilty player, who Hero knows well, in a 6 handed game.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't bluff a tilty player. he's liable to push KQo on turn.