Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Any escape?

Hand #1

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, MP1 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.75 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (13.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qs Kh (one pair, kings).
CO shows 9c 9s (three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: CO wins 13.75 BB. </font>

Hand #2

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.50 BB, between SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (14.50 BB).</font>

SB shows 8h 5h (straight, nine high).
Hero shows 7h 7d (three of a kind, sevens).
Outcome: SB wins 14.50 BB. </font>

Hand #3

(I'm not happy with how I played this at all. What else can I do from the SB but call? I'm not going to force anyone out by raising. At what point do I accept I'm beat?)

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB folds, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between Hero and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (13.50 BB).</font>

Hero shows Ad Js (one pair, aces).
CO shows Qd Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: CO wins 13.50 BB. </font>

And here's one from the Weak-Tight Hall of Fame.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero folds...

Immediate odds are 6:1 just for a call, and I should be capping this. UTG+1 and MP2 both seemed to be decent, but I gave that way too much respect. Please commence flogging me with wet noodles.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Any escape?

Hand #1

If he would have played smarter you would have lost more money. Not much you can do here.

Hand #2

Again I think you played it fine, but he made his draw. Not much you can do here. I'd be glad I'm playing guys who play 85 for a raise in the SB (I know, it's sooted.)

Hand #3

I'd probably 3-bet the flop. It's going to be tough to get away from this hand

Hand #4

I'd probably cap (like you said), but I doubt you are giving away THAT much folding.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:31 AM

Hand 1:

I may stir up something here, but pre-flop, you have a group 4 hand, and you're raising to one limper. The good book says to limp. Other than that, you played this well. You can't escape on this hand. If the raise came on the turn, I would have check-called the river.

Hand 2:

I think you played this well. Only tip off is the check/raise on the turn. If this happened to me, I would have to be thinking why did the 9 help. No flush. Two Pair? Set? Straight? A set of 9's will beat you, and a straight will beat you. In saying that, I would have done the same as you on the turn and river.

Hand 3:

The only thing I would be worried about is a decent hand from UTG (who limped). Since UTG folded to your flop bet, I would 3-bet this flop. If capped, then slow down. I would have lost 1 more BB than you on this hand.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:33 AM

Hands 1 and 2 look fine to me.

Hand 3 I either 3-bet the flop, lead the turn, or both. The flop raise from CO is likely a positional raise and you can't get in the habit of backing down so quickly. It saved you money on this hand but will cost you in the long run.

Edit...Didn't even see hand 4. I would probably just call here to see what UTG+1 does. I don't like folding pocket 10's pf unless it is a total rock who 3-bet. Even then you are close to getting the odds necessary to play for a set on the flop.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:

I may stir up something here, but pre-flop, you have a group 4 hand, and you're raising to one limper. The good book says to limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about everyone else, but most of the time when I have two big unsuited cards, if I don't like them enough to raise, then I throw them in the muck. The main exception being when there are already too many limpers for my raise to do much good and the cards are too big (and I am too late) to fold them. Then I just limp and see what the flop looks like.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:47 AM

I didn't see hand 4 either.

6:1 immediate pot odds?

11 SB in pot... you need to call 3... If you assume that UTG+1 calls, then you are getting 4:1. But I still call anyway. I don't think you cap, because of your position.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:39 AM

Hand one is an easy raise PF. KQo doesn't play well in multi-way pots, so you want to drive people out.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6:1 immediate pot odds?

11 SB in pot... you need to call 3... If you assume that UTG+1 calls, then you are getting 4:1. But I still call anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm BB, which makes 12 SB and 2 to call.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:42 AM

Yep... I always miss the obvious.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:39 PM

Hand 1: Looks fine.
Hand 2: I'd check-raise the flop. Otherwise, sure.
Hand 3: sure. I will 3-bet the flop if I think my opponent will raise a flush draw.
Hand 4: Don't sweat this. It's closer than you're giving yourself credit for and your position sucks.