Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2004, 05:06 PM

Default Considerations on Bonus Whoring.

Some of the old timers have read this and know this like the back of their hand so if your an old hand I am sorry if this bores you.

2 Issues/questions that I see come up are "Should I bonus whore?" and "Which bonus is the best?"

Both questions can be answered with math. Let's say for example you normally play 1 table of $10-$20 and average 1 BB per hour ($20 an hour). A bonus of $50 can be earned in 2 hours by playing 3 tables. That is an average of $25 per hour. Even if this player goes down to 1-2 they have made an immidiate profit from the bonus of $5 an hour in expectation.

If they average 1 BB per hour per table at the easier level that is an additional $12 an hour.

So the question that needs to be answered to figure both if and where to bonus hunt is how long to clear. Then do the math and decide.

Each site has terms and conditions to clear. If you aren't sure how long a scenario will take THAT is the question that you should ask here.

Also keep in mind that site with stronger competition lower your expectation off your hourly play as well.

Good luck at the tables and hope this helps some of you.